Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Gotcha Day

A whirlwind of wonderful emotions today. Activities filled up our day. Most of all....we continually reflected on all the events that happened last year. Eli even remembered me carrying him in a toddler carrier. Eli remembered his first moment of us and how he was jumping up and down when he saw us drive up. He remembers that at that very moment. His past was his past. And now his future...was with his family.

I am thankful forever to Eli's birth parents. Wherever they may be. Because no matter the circumstances, no matter their past....they chose life for Eli. I am eternally grateful to whomever was involved in this decision.

Andy and I are blessed beyond measure and grateful for all the small details that led us to adoption. Having had the honor to birth and adopt a child. Whew! This Mamma heart is grateful, grateful, grateful.

Moving forward we continue to grow and raise our children in the Lord. We talk of Jesus daily and how He has saved us all. We train(yes train in conversation and how easily we can talk about Him) daily on what Jesus is doing in our lives. We talk about this with our little ones. Yes, we talk about Jesus dying on the cross so He could save us. We talk about His love and how it is greater than all. We talk about these truths. We are not promised tomorrow. No matter our lifespan if we teach our children anything....It will be full of details about the Lord.

Andy and I are reminded daily by the twinkle in Gray's eyes and Eli's contagious laugh.... That Jesus is in all the details. Parenting is a privilege and I am just so grateful that Andy and I are able to walk this path together.

My heart is a little heavy tonight. There is some guilt as Eli's friends are lying asleep or awake with no one loving them. As Eli has told Andy and I,Jesus was with him in the Congo. When Andy asked who told Eli this. Eli said,"I knew HE was with me all the time. No one told me. Jesus was just there." So we bravely and courageously we believe that Jesus is also there. That Jesus is making Himself known to these precious children.

We are so blessed to have celebrated this 1 year anniversary together as a family.

To many more Gotcha Day's,
Leslianna


No comments:

Post a Comment