Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Am I aware of the holes?

I recently started reading Kay Warren's book, Choose Joy. Whew we..I am taking a chapter a night so I can let God's Word soak in my spirit. Tonight's chapter is on "Showing our True Colors."

Oh me.. This makes me semi-cringe as I wear everything on my face. I don't ever hide sadness or pain very well. People know when Leslianna is having a good day. I am the girl whose heart is out on my sleeves. Everyone can see me coming and 99% of the time know what I am feeling. So you might wonder why I am reading this book. Well first and foremost I want God to expose the holes in my faith. I want to learn more and be more like Him. I want to "soak" up all I can learn.

Today Kay Warren said, "As painful as it is to become aware of the holes in our faith, we can be grateful that tough times give us an accurate report of where we need to change and grow." I then asked myself "Am I aware of the holes?"
So my prayer this evening is that God would make it real to me. He would reveal the nasty, ugly holes we all like to ignore.

You know why this is important to me?
1. I want to know My Abba Father as much as I can
2. I want to reflect His joy not by my own doing but by what He does in me

So I ask you to pray for me. This is a challenge asking God to show me my "holes."

I challenge you to know our God more intimately. There is no greater joy than being "filled by Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment