Did you know that the phrase "STAND FIRM" is written/mentioned 34 times in the Bible. Yes, 34! So for any parent that is allowing your child to tell you what they are and are not going to do....my recommendation/support that I always tell friends is "Stand Firm." I can most certainly say that the Lord tells us to stand firm on this specific topic and yes in other areas too. But for this conversation it applies to our calling as parents. I am at 2pm and my tolerance is shaky. I have had to stand up to our very strong willed little boy for 6 hours and I am tired. Even though my physical body is tired, I am not, will not, absolutely will not cave. I am not going to allow him to dictate my actions or decisions. I am learning this is a struggle for him.
E man for so long had to defend himself so now that he is in a role of a child he is struggling to understand his role and mine. There is a fine balance of correcting and instructing. I have to make him feel safe and secure. So I lean on the Lord most High to hold my hand and tell me when to get Mamma tough and Mamma soft and tender. E man needs our love and support but he also needs parents with the hearts of lions. I am going to fight for my children. I am going to fight with all that I have to guide them and instruct them on our Lord's teachings.
Parenting is a gift. Yes, a gift. Parenting is one of the highest callings. Being a good wife is my first priority but a strong 2nd is parenting. So if you are struggling with how and when to parent please open up the Word. Only our God most high can give you the heart of a lion and the ability to love at the very same time.
Stand Firm Brothers and Sisters! Stand firm!
No comments:
Post a Comment