Monday, March 11, 2013

These truths I hold dear....I'm a clingin' to 'em

I have been at a loss of words for the blog lately. Not that I am ever lacking in words but just unsure what to update everyone on...Things are good. Life is busy and I am trying to figure out how to balance it all. I am not sure that I will ever figure that out.

The Lord is really challenging me to "be still" right now and to be content. I don't have a lot of time to sit and "think" but when I do I am pondering a scripture that I have been reading over and over to make sure that I am truly grasping it....."I will tell of the Lord's kindnesses..." Yes, I am stuck on this one phrase because I am not quite sure that I can tell it quickly or explain in one sentence because well.....the Lord is so much bigger than that. So until I figure out how to wrap my hands around telling of such mighty, glorious, powerful, humbling, jaw dropping, magnificence, GREAT LOVE, faithfulness, true friendship, true fellowship, genuine, healer, provider, beginning and end....I mean the list can go on and on and on.

I think I am stuck on it because I have been guilty of at times trying to make the Lord ....well too complicated. Before I read "The Shack" I was guilty of putting my Lord and Savior into a box. I was thinking that He was only this size when in reality He was all consuming. Yes this book was a major stepping stone in my walk with the Lord.

I know He loves me where I am and I don't have anything to prove to Him. He loves me where I am and He loves that I want to spend time with Him. He aches for me to spend time with Him and to share with others about His great love. He is proud of me. He is the Perfect Heavenly Father. He knows our hearts inside and out and He created us to love on His people and first and foremost....Give Him some Hollerin' GLORY!!!!

I have a heart for the brokenhearted. I have a heart for those hurting. I have a heart for those that don't feel that they have anything to offer when in reality the Lord is just waiting ....waiting to Love you and squeeze your heart so much that you won't know what hit you.

So for those of you that are reading my rather simple blog....

Know that Jesus loves you.

He died, yes died for Y-O-U.

He saved me.

He is wanting to save you too.

He saved me from my own selfishness and He transformed my heart, my mind and my forever soul.

He searches me out daily to show me how He loves me and He doesn't mind that my hair is "silly" and my eye shadow rarely blends well.

He holds my hand when I am hurting and He laughs with me when I am goofy.

He silently gives me a nod of confidence when I feel...well run down.

He gives me a thumbs up when I have shared the Gospel and I am shaking from His Holy presence.

He laughs at my funny faces and my attempted jokes.

He gives me fullness in my heart ...that of which no human will ever do.

He has shown me not just love from my family and friends but his HOLY Loving Kindness thru our children.

When all "earthly junk" has attempted to rock my world...He, yes, He shows His Faithfulness thru His HOLY foundation.

He likes that I sing off key because I can rock it out in my mini van singing to Him.

I rejoice with Him when I hear my earthly babies talking about Jesus and the Cross to others.

He disciplines me when I am not listening and quickly oh yes quickly gets my attention.

He does not mind that I procrastinate folding the laundry and don't enjoy cooking when I am busy.

Sometimes, yes, sometimes He allows me to go thru the valleys. Even in hard times He stands with me asking me to trust Him.

He rejoices with me as I am running towards Him and will one day be resting in His arms.

'Til then I gots lots to do and am beyond honored that I am called His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment