Andy and I are finding how life can change from day to day with our transitioning time. I believe that the first year post adoption is going to be called TRANSITION. Recently this week we have had to refocus again and make some special "focus" time to help Gray(our bio. child). She is needing Mommy. So we looked at our schedule and used a simple time to help her feel secure and loved my Mommy. Ya wanna know what it has been?
Well, her bath time. Yes, her bath time. I give her a bath now without Eli near. She gets to play and I talk with her during this time. The door is closed and Eli is not allowed until Gray has finished. Mommy is meeting a need for her. I am not sharing or helping E. The focus is just her.
I have been stressed at times how to balance both of our kids needs. Andy and I both have been pleasantly surprised that very small adjustments can mean the world to Eli or Gray.
So adoptive and future adoptive mammas and current mammas....Be in tune to behaviors your child is exhibiting. From time to time you may need to readjust to meet a need.
Andy and I have been purposefully calling or emailing each other at work if something has happened in the morning with the kids drop off at school or if I have heard the kids saying that they needed their Daddy when Andy has not been near. Communication is key!
Be in communication with OUR HEAVENLY Father and your needs will be met. Communicate, laugh or cry with our Father....He is there waiting to help you and love on you. Just a simple step of "Hello, Abba Father here is where I am today and I need YOU!!!"
Blessings to all!
So true! Great post!
ReplyDelete