Tonight as I prayed with Gray our prayer time went like normal. It was very sweet, short and just a beautiful time. I am honored to pray with my daughter.
I am also honored to pray with my son. When I had prayer time with Eli I asked him who we should pray for...He begins for the first time to describe how his life in the Congo was so very, very different and that we should pray for specific people there. Though I am going to keep the conversation private between Eli, Andy and I it made me realize that we will be working on wounds for the rest of his life. Though some wounds are "band aided" for now I know we will be in this for a lifetime. He silently, honestly gave me everything in Lingala then as I asked him to tell me in English I began to pick up what this brave and courageous boy has been thru. He is our STRONG BOY!
Now that I look back on the conversation I believe he would have told me more. We slowly transitioned into talking about Jesus when I started hearing the tough stuff. Eli said he knew that Jesus loved him. Eli said, "Jesus in Congo." Yes son, Jesus was in the Congo with you as well as here. He was with you in the sad times and with you in the happy times. Though you must have felt very alone at times Jesus was with you even before Mommy and Daddy were ever there.
Eli and I traded sentences back and forth. I laid on his pillow with him and I held his hand as he poured his heart out to me. There were never any tears. I watched my brave boy confess to me what his life had looked like in the Congo. He courageously told me things that I would like to keep private. This part of his story is for him to tell when he is ready.
I cannot begin to tell you the depth of the Lord's blessings I have felt in going thru our adoption process. The depth of blessings that the Lord wants to pour over each of us if we are willing.
You see somewhere out there in this very large world was a lonely child that once had the face of precious Eli. Now there is a child with hope, with love, with knowledge of Jesus. The Lord ordained Eli's path. What a journey....thus far.
You ....yes you....just have to be willing and available for the Lord to make your path known. If you ponder adoption or even foster care I as you to not just lift it up once but get flat on your face before the Lord and eagerly ask for His direction.
There are so many children equally deserving as Eli....Equally and desperately waiting for for someone to just love them.....there are 147 million precious babies of the Lord waiting to be held for the first time, to be kissed on their forehead for the first time, to just be loved and to know that their future has a hope in Christ Jesus.
I really don't care how young or old you are. I really don't care if you don't have the money to start an adoption process. I really don't care if you think you have to have a certain family plan. I just ask you to boldly consider are you making yourself available to what the Lord is waiting to bless you with?
For those of you even pondering adoption. Will you do something today? Truly taking the Lord's scripture to heart.....to care for the orphans and widows in their distress. Don't just read it..... do something!
So for those of you that are up wondering what to do tomorrow. Talk about Jesus...will ya? Just talk about the love He has for each of us and lets help this precious babies all over this world know that there is a Savior and a Hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment