This morning the Lord swept over my heart. “Whom shall I send? Whom shall go?” In my soul….I am jumping up and down…..going oooo, oooo, send me, Lord….me!!!! Let me be the vessel without knowing what I am doing……This is quite typical of Leslianna.
Years ago I would have sat, pondered, thought, contemplated, prayed, thought again, discussed and maybe pondered a little more about the actions I could be doing to serve others. I have always had the heart to help, to serve but sometimes my actions are a little out of order and ridiculously long in making a decision. (Notice prayer was not at the beginning.)
Recently I have had a heart overhaul. You might ask me, “What in the world is a heart overhaul?” Well, it involves not involving “me” in the equation. It involves “me” not benefiting from the action or gift. It involves helping without nothing benefiting me personally at all.
The Lord swept over my heart this morning for the great need to help supply the needs of the precious children we are serving thru ClearView. You see I am not talking about my children or even children that I personally know. I am talking about the children of mothers that are currently in prison. These children being born …not choosing the circumstances that they would enter.
So I began to ask myself “what do these foster families need?” These families who have thrown “self” out the window to care for these precious children. What can we do to love on the children and also support those that have given up their “norm” to do something impactful?
Well its easy. Let’s start today. Let’s make it a point to stop by the grocery store today and pick up a package or even better a box of diapers.(Newborn, Size 1, Size 2 of Pampers Swaddlers or Huggies Newborn, Size 1, or Size 2)
This is our first step in removing “self” from the equation. Next week this time I will post another challenge. Let’s do one month of simple challenges and then let's go from there.
You can drop off at my house or at ClearView or at my very own mother’s house in Athens. Let’s start small and build the challenge from there. If you are interested in being a drop off in another city and delivering to Franklin…...well there ya go! Let’s do this thing!
Ready. Set. Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment