Thursday, January 17, 2013

A new focus for a new year......Yea 2013

Over the past few weeks the Lord has laid on my heart that I need not to necessarily look at a New Years Resolution for myself. I need to focus on others. A ministry that I am beyond determined to just assist and support is ClearView's Foster Care Ministry. A very specific area in this ministry are the ClearView families caring for the infant babies of women in prison.

Recently I had the opportunity to babysit for one of our ClearView Foster Mamma's. After meeting Baby S I was floored by what the Lord spoke to me over this evening.

1. Each child is truly a gift from the Lord.
2. Every child deserves to hear about Jesus in word and/or song.
3. Each child never gets to pick their parent(s).
4. Each child deserves to be loved.
5. Each child deserves to be cared for...I mean they are infants after all.

Holding Baby S in my arms I was quickly reminded that she deserved the very best love and care that our ClearView families had to offer. So my mission is this......I will be working over every week to meet at need for these precious babies for 52 weeks. When a parent lets me know their specific need I am going to find a way to make it happen. From formula to diapers to wipes or even baby equipment.....

Last week I asked for help in collecting 10 boxes of diapers. This week I am working on 10 boxes of wipes.

If you are at a distance and would like to help please let me know. You know that Amazon, Target, Walmart all ship for free pretty much over $50. Message me and I can give you my address to make sure it gets to the right foster families or to the storage closet.

Needs that are always appreciated:
-Similac (Blue & Orange Label)
-Diapers (Newborn, Size 1, Size 2, Size 3) Brands preferred are the Target brand, Pampers and Huggies
-Wipes

No comments:

Post a Comment