Monday, January 21, 2013

Thank you MLK, Jr!


“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.



My rather tender heart has always appreciated to great lengths the sacrifices of Martin Luther King, Jr. and those that bravely stood by him. I have a profound sense of gratefulness for those that rose above the hate and were determined, no matter the sacrifice, to defend goodness over evil.

As I reflect on my own family this year I am not just affected/effected but deeply moved by those that gave their lives to stand for the goodness of our Lord. If it were not for these sacrifices our lives would still be clouded and our judgement might look much differently in how we make decisions and choices. I am beyond grateful for the eye opening experience I have had in bringing a beautiful son home. For those sacrifices my family ...at the core of us will be love....not hate.

I am yet again G-R-A-T-E-F-U-L.

No comments:

Post a Comment