Tough moments
Whew! Sweet baby boy just went thru the ringer at the pediatrician starting at 3:45 and we didn't leave until 5:15pm....weekly blood draw for hematology. They could not find his veins and had to attempt 3 times. And then 5 vaccination shots. Eli was crying, Mommy was crying and then Gray joined in for fun. When it was all over I asked Gray to grab a piece of Kleenex off the counter. She got the Kleenex and went and wiped Eli's nose and wiped his tears. And then Mamma cried some more and then Dr. Davis about joined in too! Precious kindness from Gray to Eli....Whew...What a day.... :)
Feeling the Love of Your Heavenly Father
I am just overwhelmed with love tonight from my Heavenly Father. I have been working on Eli's re-adoption paperwork for here in the US. Aren't I glad that I am just organizing and collecting copies and not having to go thru a dossier process again!?!?!
Coming so far
We have come so far since September 24, 2012. From Eli's Gotcha Day to the present day...I mean so much has happened. Thankfully our pediatrician spoke words of affirmation to me this afternoon/evening as Eli went thru a rough doctor's appointment. Our doctor said I was a good mother. He said over and over beginning and end while Eli had a rough appointment that I was a good mother. I know that I am a good mom but gosh in these rough moments I really needed to hear that I was doing the right thing for my child. See we have been at a doctor's office at least 1-3 times a week if not more depending on the subject. It was especially a lot in the beginning of course.
Details of the doctor's appointment
Our weekly blood work for Hematology was pretty bad. I think 4 tubes of blood. Last week he didn't shed a tear and this week it took 3 nurses and me holding him to get his blood drawn. 3 attempts later we had what we needed. Then the next part I thought would be easier that the blood work was the start of vaccinations. Well as Eli SCREAMED for MAMA and then PACI (PAIN IN LINGALA). I just began to weep. My baby boy has been thru it and here we are at the end of some really rough few hours. He hollered and screamed for Mama to help with the pain. Oh did I feel so helpless! I continued to reassure him as best as I could that it would be over soon. As his tears rolled down my face I held him tightly and just allowed my tears to flow slowly as well. When everything was over Eli's tears were all over my face and my shirt. It was finally over for this week.
Tears that we shed
I was reminded quickly that the tears I shed are never forgotten by my Heavenly Father. So as Eli shed his tears this evening he was reminded that he had a Mommy and Daddy that loved him dearly and all he wanted to do is be held tightly. I was reminded that my Heavenly Father loves me too!
Yes I am Grateful
Yes, I am grateful in these rough moments. I am incredibly grateful that my family is able to experience the precious gift of our second child. Though he was delivered in a very unique way he is every bit my son.
The biggest compliment I have been paid
A sweet friend of mine said that Eli's smile looked like mine. Well, I will graciously except that kind compliment as I am his Mama and all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment