I was reminded this evening that my Lord has steered me thru some pretty intense moments over the past month and a half. Wow, would I have been incredibly lost without Him!
The Lord has been giving me the tools I have needed to be a Mommy to Eli. It is a very different set of tools than what I have been using for Gray. Both are equally wonderful and yes even hard at times. The credit is all the Lord's!
So here is the story: This evening I needed to dispose of a rather large box that has just been sitting in my garage. I asked Eli to ride with me down to the end of our road so I could throw it in the dumpster. I invited him to sit in my lap since it was just a short way in the neighborhood. Eli giggled the whole way! And he was definitely attempting to drive. Noises and all!!!! Vroom! Vroom!!! When I returned Eli ran to tell Andy that he "drove the car." ha!
Then I scoop up Gray and took her for a ride. As soon as we are in the car she begins giving orders. She is pressing radio buttons and pointing which way to go. The entire ride she is hysterical. It took everything in me not to laugh. It was as if we were in a spaceship and she was going thru pre-flight checks. She is incredibly creative!
So even though each child is very different the Lord has held my hand to teach me how to respond lovingly to each. Loving them in their differences and sameness! I am so honored to be their Mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment