Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Eli, I don't want to forget these things

Today there were two things that took place while Eli and I were having one of his doctor's appointments at Vandy Chidren's Hospital.

A volunteer, from Vandy Children's Hosp., comes by the room Eli and I were waiting in and the volunteer offers to take Eli down the hallway for a snack. I explain to Eli and Eli quickly jumps up. Eli comes back with Oreos and Orange Juice and hands everything to me. I begin to open the Oreos for him and he motions that it is mine. He gets his bread out and starts eating away. I mean seriously. This precious child has the opportunity to get a really awesome snack and he brings two of his Mamma's favorites and makes sure I am taken care of...... Love this sweet boy!

Lastly, I am quickly getting used to being the mother of a little boy. While waiting...yet again during our appointment Eli lets me know he needs to go to the potty #1 & #2. The doctor comes in while we are heading in the bathroom's direction and the doctor says to go ahead. So Eli and I quickly leave the room and head to the bathroom. I am helping him get up on the rather tall toilet. Somehow while I am putting Eli down on the seat....Eli arches his back which means he arches his whole body and Eli ends up with both of his feet in the toilet. I was laughing, saying what in the world, and confused as to how this happened within 2 seconds. So Eli and I leave the restroom with wet pants and wet socks and leave water running off his pants and onto the floor...a water trail back to our room. Let me tell you it was lovely.

I looked at the doctor as we entered and said, "I cannot even begin to explain how my child ended up with both of his feet in the toilet." She smiles ( and probably thinks I am crazy) and then starts asking questions as if nothing just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment