Sunday, October 21, 2012

Do you know your neighbors?

I absolutely love where we live. Each evening we all sit outside and the kids play and we chat with friends.  I always dread at the end of the fall season because we won't see our neighbors again until the spring time.  For the most part I have been able to meet most of my neighbors. I am grateful for such a kind neighbors and fabulous fellowship... I only wish it was easier to visit during the winter months. 

I was reflecting this evening. Don't we all make excuses to not interact with those that live only yards away? Don't worry.. I have done this too.  Sometimes it is even uncomfortable.... Especially if you don't have much in common. Other times our neighbors have even done things you don't agree with. Well the Lord made me aware this evening that He does not just "ask" us to love our neighbors but we are commanded.

Don't miss the opportunity to share the Love of Jesus with those that are just a few steps away!

"Love does no harm to a neighbor.." Romans 13:10

"Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God." Romans 15:7

"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."  Ephesians 4:32

"Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king." 
1 Peter 2:17

...."Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for hope that is in you, with meekness and fear..." 1 Peter 3:15

"Do not give false testimony against your neighbor. Do not covet your neighbor’s house. Do not covet your neighbor’s wife, his male or female slave, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." Exodus 20:16-17

"You must not harbor hatred against your brother. Rebuke your neighbor directly, and you will not incur guilt because of him. Do not take revenge or bear a grudge against members of your community, but love your neighbor as yourself; I am Yahweh." Leviticus 19:17-19

"I will destroy anyone who secretly slanders his neighbor; I cannot tolerate anyone with haughty eyes or an arrogant heart." Psalm 101:5

"Whoever shows contempt for his neighbor lacks sense, but a man with understanding keeps silent." Proverbs 11:12

"The one who despises his neighbor sins, but whoever shows kindness to the poor will be happy." Proverbs 14:21

"You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy." Matthew 5:43

No comments:

Post a Comment