Friday, October 19, 2012

Asking for Awareness=God's reality check with you


Blessings thru Awareness
This week I have been praying that God would make me more aware of His blessings. I feel that I miss some here and there. The Lord has answered my prayers this week. I have so many blessings to count that I think I lost number. It was fun keeping up with my blessings that happened throughout one day. Have you done that lately? I know all of us are grateful for our blessings but do you know what they are? It's pretty cool seeing things that you have not recognized in quite some time. You know the little stuff!

My super, awesome, patient and loving husband
Andy has been so incredibly supportive as he has returned home from a long days work since we have been back from Africa. While we are still helping Eli adjust Andy is jumping right in with me to help get the kids wound down before bedtime. Andy has also been promoted to a Director in Accounting at Community Health Systems. So on top of our lives been wacky right now with our #2 addition he is working so hard. Go Andy! I am really, really, really, really proud of all of your hard work to provide for our family. Your hard work is never forgotten and I am glad you and me are such a great team!
I am very honored to be married to this Godly man! Another picture from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Can you tell I am out of breath here? I love you Andy!


Tough moments with our son
In asking for awareness this week I have seen the yuck waaaay more than I ever wanted to but I needed to get real. So here I am. This has been my most exhausting week with Eli yet. All I can say publicly is that we are working thru all the yuck. In those insane moments I am telling Eli that he is loved. Jesus loves him. Ma ma and Pa pa love him. We will not give up on him. We will not leave him. He is brave and strong. We will get thru this. He has a family that will not leave him. We love him! Over and over and over and over. Today my longest test with him went for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was mentally and physically exhausted and it wasn't even 11am yet.

Challenging moments with our daughter
Gray is being such a patient little girl. There are times that I have asked her to ignore Eli's actions and move on with what she was doing. At first this did not register with her and she wanted to jump in on the fun. Now I can say it and she goes right along. Oh precious girl you have no idea what a beautiful heart you have. She is very giving even when Eli is having a hard time. I have made a point every time to tell her that we are not paying attention to what Eli is doing because it is not a good choice. I want her and Eli to make good choices. In this instance...paying attention to Eli only makes him worse. Hope that makes sense. Finding a balance is my daily challenge between her and Eli.

Being at Home
Eli and Gray both crave being at home right now. I love it but it also creates a very crazy environment. They also both love going to school. In less than a month we have been able to find this amazing balance for the both of them. I never dreamed this.

What will your life be like?
I could have attended every adoption conference and turned in many, many, many more hours of training. At the end of the day you are taking information that you learned and then also meshing with what your child needs the most. You are throwing some ideas out the window and quickly integrating other ideas. I have asked for advice and leaned on other adoptive moms over the past few weeks. The most important fact that I have had to come to grips with ...is that no child is exactly the same. I was prepared for the worst and I almost feel strange when Eli is doing great on something I thought would take much longer or be much harder. Then I know he can have set backs. So with all this said, "I am sticking to the Word and leaning on the Everlasting." My Heavenly Abba is the ONLY one that has been able to both rejoice with me and be right at my side in the tough moments.

Teaching my children to Praise Jesus
I have invested in some fun, new music over the past few weeks. I have been encouraging my children to have fun with their praise to Jesus in addition to our hymns of praise. I feel like so many times that worship is only very serious and sometimes so serious that it feels odd to have fun and rejoice with Jesus.

Well, I have been starting each morning drive with Gray and Eli to some awesome music from Hillsong's Crazy Noise Album. This song totally changed my perspective on worship in a childlike way. I want to praise my Heavenly Father however and whenever I can. Knowing that I can smile and clap and make silly noises with my kids and quote scripture while doing it...well, why not!

Make a crazy, crazy, joyful noise. A wacky, silly, funny song that you enjoy....so everybody knows that you're praising the Lord I mean why wouldn't you want to make a joyful noise after you listen to the words. All the praise, all the Glory to the One and Only, Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!











No comments:

Post a Comment