Friday, September 21, 2012

Much reflection

Andy and I made it to our hotel around 2:30pm EST today in Washington, D.C. We quickly brought in our 5 large pieces of luggage and then headed off to eat a very late lunch. Once our stomachs were filled we were on our way on a small adventure we just didn't get to last summer during our visit.

With Andy driving and me navigating with losing my voice it was interesting trying to give Andy directions when I would have to say "turn righ or turn left" at least three times. I would finally get the words somewhat formed. I had been asking since last summer about returning to D.C. to visit the World War II Memorial.

We arrived about 40 minutes later with traffic. Andy found us a close parking spot and we were off! You see I have had this great desire to see it not just for me but as a journey for me to take and honor my grandfathers and great uncles. I needed to be there and just observe. Just take it all in and just say thank you.

For the longest I sat and stared at the 400,000 stars that represented all the Americans that so bravely fought for our freedom. Grateful does not seem to quite cover it but I certainly could not stop thinking about that word. Grateful. Then I sat and just listened. I could not hear anything but the fountains. We were there on a Friday at 5:00pm and we did not hear any traffic at all! It was peaceful. It was such an incredible sight to see. Andy and I carefully read each quote that was left by many of our leaders. We were so proud we had come... Then we got back in the car and came back to the hotel.

Small mission accomplished. Andy was very patient in making this happen for me!

With little to no voice today I have been much more observant and incredibly patient. Maybe I need to lose my voice more often. I had to just listen today and let the Lord feed my soul. I had no input. Just God pouring His word into me. See the lesson here?

Lastly Andy and I will begin the 9,000+ mile trip to be with our son tomorrow. Cannot believe it is here. I almost feel like I am in a dream. Eli has no idea we are coming. Pray for Eli's heart as he will be meeting his Mamma and Papa for the first time. Pray for his transition leaving all that he has ever known in the orphanage into his time with us. I am concerned more than I should be about when we leave the orphanage with him. I cannot begin to explain what his little heart may feel. He may have never been in a car before. He may have never had anyone hold him before. Oh there is much to process. I am not worried...just praying he will do well in his transition and that his little heart won't be scared.

Please pray for our continued journey. Boy, have we been feeling the prayers!!! Thank you! Praising our Father!

1 comment:

  1. SO excited for ya'll!! This CCI family sending prayers from Tennessee to you!

    ReplyDelete