Laugh
This is the only word I can think of for this week. Just laugh. And Laugh and Laugh! Our passports and visas were "lost" for over one week in the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of Congo in Washington, D.C. Our Virginia contact and courier, AKA THE ASSISTANT STORK, adamantly stayed on the DRC Embassy day in and day out to arguing with their staff to find our stuff. Let me give a loud shout out to the Morrison Family that runs their family business of THE ASSISTANT STORK. They are superstars and with what happened ....if Andy and I had not used them we would have had to be on a plane to Washington, D.C. to be in the faces of the DRC Embassy everyday to find our stuff.
What happened...
DRC Embassy's claimed they gave it to another courier. Then I heard another rumor yesterday that they were actually mailing our passports and visas to the CONGO. I mean, for real, they were sending our UNITED STATES PASSPORTS TO THE CONGO. That makes sense, right? Praise to God for people like the Morrison's, who have also adopted, and understand how important it is to have direct contacts with all the foreign embassy's. Without them our things would have been hangin in the DRC with Eli. I mean seriously!!!!!
What are we waiting on?
Our US Passports and Visas will be in our hands today...hopefully. Yesterday I had a long call with our adoption agency director, Sue. She is another amazing Godly woman who fights for these precious families and kiddos. Sue said that either she would hear directly from the US Embassy in the DR Congo that we were cleared to come OR Andy and I would either get a call or email that we were cleared. Don't you love all the options?
People, God fearing people, say the most insane things
We are all sinners. We all make mistakes. We are all guilty of these things. I do things and say things I don't mean. We all do these things daily....so here is the reality check for me: Yesterday I was given another reality check from a member of my own church family. (Again, uneducated people regarding adoption say things that I think they don't even realize.) In a group discussion we were talking about what was the latest in our adoption process and I was giving all the details that I knew to give. My brain is so flustered these days sometimes I cannot remember what I have told people. I had one person end the conversation saying the following, "It is as if these countries sell their children!" By the grace of God I had to hold my Mamma Bear instinct in tact and say whoa, Leslianna, whoa! Hold your britches and allow the peace of God to flow thru your heart.
So after repeating calm things to myself over and over....I walked on and just decided to process what I had been told.
For those that have never been in an adoption process...these are helpful things to know and remember:
1. First, our son's country has not sold our son to us.
2. Second, the process is expensive because it is over international waters. Ya know, thousands of miles away.
3. Third, our son never had a earthly Mommy and Daddy that could care for him. So this is where Andy and I will step in...we will be entrusted with his precious life on this earth.
4. Fourth, assuming that any government has anything to do with God's miracles is just plain silly. Yes, there is red tape to navigate but when the Lord wants something to happen....It HAPPENS!
5.Fifth, never make comments about a topic that you know you are not informed on.
6.Sixth, don't try and assume that people just pay to adopt children. If you think this is true then I would really love to sit down with you and ready the Lord's Holy Word with you.
7. Seventh, you should never assume a woman is pregnant until they tell you. The adoption process is similiar. Don't say something just to say something about governments you know nothing about. Be thoughtful of your words. They do sting when used incorrectly. Just ask questions? We all love to talk about births and adoptions. Just ask and we will happily tell you.
8. Lastly, I am not perfect and I do not expect perfection from anyone. Just know that an expectant mother is just as sensitive and tenderhearted as a pregnant mother.
It was just one of those days that it was hard to process a comment like that...I have been educated and I know that this is not the last time that people will say something crazy to me. I also admit that I am more sensitive than usual because I am worn out from the journey. I understand where people will make comments that they don't even realize what they have said. I have done it too!
I pray daily that my earthly yuckiness is shed and stripped away by the Lord's grace and mercy. I pray for words of encouragement and love to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I may fail you but my heart is pure because of Jesus. I work daily to focus on the love of Jesus and to share that with the precious people I come in contact with everyday.
We will keep you posted....Gray and I will head to Athens, AL tonight for our last family fundraiser for our adoption process. Andy will have to stay at work to reserve his days so he will be able to stay in Africa with me.
We expect contact anyday from the US Embassy in DRC. 'Til then we will keep our heads up and keep moving on with life! Love to all in Him who makes us Lovable!
Leslianna
No comments:
Post a Comment