Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Fun Facts

Passport and Visa update
Hear ye!!!! Hear ye!!!! On September 13, 2012 Andy and I received our passports and visas intact in our hands. Thank you precious Lord above! (shout out to the May Family for protecting our passports and visas with their lives until Andy could get to them!)

Athens, AL Adoption Fundraiser
Wanna talk about some love? Eli has no idea how many women love him. Last night we had an incredible turnout for the last adoption fundraiser for our family's travel. (All of the profits were going to our travel expenses to DR Congo.) I had sweet ladies hugging my neck and buying all their Christmas presents. I had precious, precious high school friends I had not seen in Forever come by (Leigh A. Morrill & Kristina Hendrix!!!). Mom's neighbors were coming over. My Mother's Sunday School class not only represented in the purchasing department but each gave cash to help with our travel. My Sugar Creek, Athens unit, was also representing-as Always!!! I mean the list goes on and on and on ......Each gave and most did not know me or Andy or Gray or Eli. They gave because they love Jesus. I know that there were people who gave above what they should have...all to help bring Eli to his family.

I can get choked up over and over and over. You see grateful does not seem to quite cover it.

Asking for Help
Andy and I love to give. We love to help others. We love to serve because that is the way our Lord made our hearts. This past year we have had to ask for help to help bring an orphan a family. We had to follow thru on what we had been asked to make this happen. We have made adjustments. We have walked back multiple times to return things because we didn't "need" them. The Lord has had one HOLY movement on our family this year. We have learned so much! We have had to work really, really hard! We are tired, exhausted, and so close.

Waiting is not fun but then again....it is not about us!!!!!
We are waiting on that magic phone call or email from the US Embassy in Kinshasa, DR Congo. Let me just say....."Adoption stretches you in many ways-even literally!" Spiritually the Lord has had us flat faced before Him saying, "You will do this and I will provide." Just work hard and I will provide....one way or the other.

Shed that Earthliness(like my made up word)
I am grateful that the Lord has shown me that daily I need to come before Him asking for Him to shed my yuckiness...my earthliness. I feel like the blinders have been lifted for Andy and I on this particular topic. We see much more than just a need...we see the Lord wanting to have us live an abundant life in HIM. Our earthliness could have stood in our way and blinded us. But for the little bit of good that the Lord has planted in Andy and I we were able to look past the earthliness and just say "LORD we will pursue YOU WITH ALL THAT WE HAVE!"

We are Humans too ...ya know

Andy and I feel very undeserving of this adoption process at times. We are honored that the Lord chose us for Eli....even just for a brief time on this earth. We have struggled with fears for sure but let me just tell you...the Lord does not take his orphans lightly nor the widows on this earth. Man He loves them! He LOVES THEM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! So when the Lord makes a decision HE IS NOT GOING TO LET ANYONE STAND IN THE WAY! Even though we have had a very quick adoption process this does not mean that anyone that has had a longer adoption process has done anything differently. It just means that the Lord sometimes has different paths for us all!

From Eli's Earthly Daddy via Twitter last night
6,800 miles between me and my son right now but currently both of us are in the palm of His hand #adoptionblessings

For this evening
I don't think that there is anyway to close out this post tonight other than SINGING LOUDLY- GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS. GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS! Morning by Morning new mercies I see!!!!...Keep singin' brothers and sisters!

'Til Eli is Home!
Leslianna, Andy & proud sister, Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment