Thursday, September 27, 2012

A day of patience

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Last night I did not sleep much. Eli was tossing and turning a lot. He had to hold my hand the whole night. If  I let go then he would search with his eyes closed until he could have me hold him. Also, I don't mean to be so public with this information but Andy and almost needed gas masks last night. Eli was clearly tooting up a storm from all this food. Pungent does not describe his tooting. He is all boy! At one point I looked over at Andy and both of us had pulled our shirts up over our noses. We burst out laughing while E slept thru the whole thing.

Today has been very slow. Waking to breakfast of toast and watermelon. Eli looked at me like I was crazy when I gave him watermelon. His face is beyond funny when there is something he does not want to eat. 

We waited all morning to hear from our social worker. Andy, E and I took a nap before lunch time. The lunch bell rang and Eli hops out of bed. Andy and I have learned that we better get to moving or Eli will take off without us if it involves food.  We ate a very bland lunch. I think the chicken had been killed out back. I lost my appetite but Eli was in heaven. Lunch consisted of potatoes, baked chicken,plain rice, foo foo, hot soup, fruit cup, and what appears to be a fried donut. I could eat the fried donuts all day. OH my wurd!!!!! They are the most tasty things I have had while being here.  My morning Coke in a bottle from the lounge area is at the top of my list as well.

After lunch Eli wants a bath so sweet boy gets a bath! He picks out his fresh clothes and socks. He looks so cute with his neon green shirt, khaki shorts, royal blue robot socks, his slip on shoes and the Aubie hat topping it off. It is quite the color combination but baby boy was very proud what he picked it out. Then Julie comes by from CCI to check on us. I gave Julie some things that I knew Eli would not be using since she is caring for 5 kids until their feet are healed from their many surgeries to remove all the jiggers. Me passing along the pull ups that Eli was not using did not go over well with Eli. Next time I will do that when he is out of the room. He is vert territorial right now. If he knows it is his.... He will become very upset. I understand. he has never had anything that was just his.

On Eli's gotcha day he was styling some snazzy car overalls and some boots. I cannot tell you how proud he as to be wearing those boots. You see no other kids had on shoes but him. The orphanage knew it was a big day for him and they had pulled resources together to have him looking his best. I will always keep those shoes and clothes. I need to be reminded of what  being grateful is all about.

This afternoon has been ok. Eli does not like it when one of us is gone even for a little while. He started to cry when Andy went to the market. The receptionist in the compound told me Eli was asking for chocolate. I just giggled and told Eli lets go get some. Very shortly after Eli's tantrum began Andy returned with some fresh snacks. Eli does not hesitate grabbing a banana. He forgets about the chocolate. He just needs to be reminded over and over that we will provide for him. 

Andy and E are playing "ballie" in the room. Eli calls a soccer ball..."ballie." When E scores a goal he flaps his arms in the air. It is really cute!

As I am blogging outside under our wonderful shade trees I am reminded of all that we have been thru this past year. It is really happening is all I can do to comprehend what we are going thru. These waiting days are very long as Andy and I wait on our exit letter for Eli. As soon as we have this in our hands we can leave. I will be shocked if they have it tomorrow but I sure am praying for it! 

We cannot begin to tell you how grateful Andy and I are for lifting us up in prayers. African days are long and hot and there is no sense of time. The only time we go by is when the dinner bell rings you better get to moving or all the food will be gone. 

We love our DRC family here but we are so ready to bring Eli home! We cannot wait to have the airport party. I want it to be all about our Lord and Savior. A huge celebration of every moment the Lord has provided. It is all about Him!!!!
(This gives Andy and I something to look forward to as we wait for this letter.)

Love to you all!
Leslianna

No comments:

Post a Comment