Wednesday, September 26, 2012
We started off our day eating breakfast with our other adoptive families. We are family while we are here. We encourage each other, pray for each other and we wish each family to go home soon. We rejoice in each others children and celebrate those that have positive updates. We eat together, our kids play together, we help each other when times are stressful. We are a unit.
For breakfast we were offered toast, coffee, strange meat, and a fruit none of us had ever seen. We all attempted to cut this cantaloupe looking fruit to see if any of our children would recognize it. We all erupted in laughter when Eli refused the second piece I offered him. Each child refused to eat this fruit.
Andy and I ventured out with another couple to eat lunch. I do not want to go into great detail but I did not like one moment out of the compound. All the locals just stared at us with Eli. I was quite uncomfortable. I will not take Eli out of the compound again until we are heading home. It is looked down upon that he is with us. There is no sympathy...no compassion. It is a very dark and evil place.
Amongst the bad there are few that want to do good. I am beyond blessed to know our social worker, D,and his assistant, TT. They are some of the few that understand our mission.... The Lord's mission. All of this is not about us at the end of the day. They understand that each child needs a loving Godly family. They astound me at their bravery and love for the Lord. TT is clearly a believer. He smiles like the Lord Jesus is flowing right off his face. TT loves looking at my pictures from home. He and I are officially friends on FB. He was so excited that he would be able to keep up with us!
Eli rested well after our lunch journey. Andy and I napped as well. He fell asleep holding me.
Eli is beyond precious. I am teaching him to wash his hands. While showing him this action he has started to rinse my hands for me. It is the most generous act of kindness I have seen from him yet. He washes his hands quickly so he can wash and rinse mine. He is incredibly kind to Ma Ma and Pa pa. He is very territorial of his food, drink, toys when other children approach. I understand and Andy and I have to let this season with Eli run it course. He needs to know what we give him will not be gone or taken away. We will supply his needs. Eli will let Andy and I both hold him. He giggles when kicking the soccer ball. He wakes up looking for his sunglasses and Aubie baseball cap.
We just passed over our passports to the Congolese immigration. Tomorrow starts the processing of our exit. It is unknown how long this will take.
Please pray soon. I mean it... We need major prayer. Our social worker says that this process has no rhyme or reason. All we can do is pray so that is what this mamma bear is doing.
Please continue to pray for our health and this exit process. We are all fine but appreciate the continued encouragement and much needed prayers.
We lean on our Lord and Savior to carry us thru this challenging time here in country. We pray for strength and discernment as we push and encourage our social worker and lawyer everyday to follow thru on everything they have said.
Love to all in the name of Jesus!
Leslianna
Leslianna, we are thinking of and praying for your sweet family. We are excited to meet Eli at CCC soon!
ReplyDeleteWith Love,
Carla and Annie