Worship
I read Gray the devotional from Jesus Calling this morning and she just stared at me. Not sure what comprehension was there but Jesus was speaking words of truth from the Bible thru my mouth. When I was done reading, I immediately broke into song of "Rejoice in the Lord, Allllllways and again I say Rejoice!REJOICE!" I repeated this fun song over and over. Gray just stood there and danced.
Gray's dancing made me realize that worship does not have to be planned. Worship does not have to be organized. Worship is just plain and simple worship. God deserves it! We should just break out into worship when our bones move us to....Gray was feelin' it and she just did it! You should not have to wait until Wednesday or Sunday to worship. I love the childlike reminders our children and others present to us. Thank you Lord for these precious little ones!
Adoption Update
No update since last week. I did find out yesterday that our adoption agency director is in Africa now in DRC. She should be going to Eli's orphanage today. We could, maybe, hopefully will have an updated picture of Eli over the next few days. I am absolutely thrilled at the hope of seeing how much he may have grown or if he has changed any at all. He passport picture from a few weeks back made me ache to see him. His face was so sad.
Please keep up the prayers. We need immigration to get a move on with our I-600 approval and then the visa processing. At this rate it may be October before we travel. Africa definitely has their own schedule but Hot Tomales the US may be even slower. Again, I have learned to never put a date on travel at this point. This is the Lord's. He is protecting and loving on Eli and I have to say this over and over everyday!
Praises
Our precious friends, the Thornton Family in Franklin, TN, was matched with twins recently from DRC. We are beyond...super stoked to travel on this journey with them. They will now be starting the court process for these precious children. Pray for swift movement for them!
Dates to put on your calendar
We have 2 fundraisers coming up in September to continue to help with saving for our travel expenses to bring Eli home.
~September 6th- Thirty-One Gifts Fundraiser at the Garlington House, Franklin, TN
~September 13th-Thirty-One Gifts Fundraiser at my parents house in Athens, AL
You do not have to be present to support. You can purchase online at www.mythirtyone.com/166445 ->Place an order -> Click on either the Franklin or Athens party. You can place your order starting September 1st!
No comments:
Post a Comment