My Midnight evening roller coaster ride
My heart was doing one healthy, hearty laugh last night after midnight. I haven't been sleeping very well or for very long. I am definitely in the last stages of our "pregnancy with Eli." See why.....Our adoption agency director, Sweet Sue, is in DRC and asking me via email why in the world we have not gotten our I-600 approval yet. Please see her response to me asking if I should call Immigration for the 3rd time.
(I hope Sue won't mind me quoting her on this one thing.)Sue responds to me, "can you call today? I mean… really.. you are not asking for favors.. they owe this to you.. you have paid your taxes and your fees.. so…. yes, please call!"
I just laughed and laughed because Sue says it like it is. I mean come on folks I have paid my taxes to the US Government ...you could at least help me get my son home? Love, love, love Sue's heart! She is probably more passionate than me since she has helped bring home approximately 2,500 children to their forever families. Talk about one heck of an impact!!! Sue has taught me to not be "idle" in life. Be doing something. Don't sit. Do SOMETHING to impact the Kingdom...God has granted us this wonderful gift of being on Earth to bring Him glory. Let's do it and do it daily!
I just sincerely love Celebrate Children International. What an amazing group of individuals that have been empowered by the Holy Spirit to fight for children who have no parents to care for them and sometimes no extended family because they have been abandoned. When I have been unable to fight to bring Eli home they are right in the center of things holding up their hands going "What's up!" :)
Gray says it like it is
Andy has started bringing me lunch once a week while I am at home working and caring for Gray. I looked at Gray a few minutes ago and said, "Gray, guess who is coming home for lunch?" Gray responds, "Eli!!!!"
Oh sweet girl if it were only that simple. :) She wants her brother home.
No comments:
Post a Comment