Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Families traveling to DRC, Sevenly.org, and your Will, etc....how random is today's post!

There were a handful of families in front of us in their adoption processes. Yesterday these families were told that there was a meeting at the US Embassy in Kinshasa to give the clearance to travel. This morning they all woke up to an email from the US Embassy that they were ready for these families to travel and bring their children home. These families were notified on a Tuesday and are traveling on Saturday. So excited to see the first families from our adoption agency travel to bring all their babies home!

Also, if you have some extra time to read this morning take a look at www.sevenly.org. This organization is helping council boys in the Congo and Uganda that were captured as young as the age of 7 to become child soldiers. Let's show our support for this worthy organization that is helping children reclaim their futures! ( I cannot help but be grateful that our little boy will not have this future. Thank you Jesus!)

Lastly, yesterday Andy and I spent time with our awesome neighbor and friend Jonathan Burns to update our Will. For all families that do have little ones or are expecting I cannot stress enough the importance of having a will. Andy and I have seen first hand how not having a will can tear families a part. Please plan for your babies and have specifics laid out so that, God forbid anything ever happen, your children have the right people to care for them and your wishes are followed thru because of some planning on the front side. I never wish this upon any family but I want to minimize any trauma that could be produced if a tragic accident did happen. You and only you are responsible for your babies present and future. God has entrusted these precious souls to you...please do not have someone else make that decision for them. Ok, now I have said my peace on that. :)

Have a blessed Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment