We have had no update on our son or you would have heard us screaming and hollering from our house and a large pep rally going on outside!
I have just wept with our paperwork coordinator at CCI about our waiting. (Cherie, you are the best by the way and yes, I do have my moments as a mamma.) Let me just say waiting is not for the wimpy or faint of heart. Waiting is testing and stretching not by choice. It is allowing the Holy Spirit to reach your inner most soul and say hang tight I will be with you but.... I am going to allow a little struggling to take place, a little teaching, a little soul searching, a little more trust being developed, a little of I am not going to get my way, a little of frustration, etc.
It is like being at 9cm for a weeks and even months. Cherie and I have both birthed a baby and now both have adopted. I am not ever going to say child birth is easy but oh boy, is waiting for your child even harder. It does drain you. I feel so exhausted because I have such a strong will. I like to plan and have order...most of the time. I like to get my way. I like to know what is going to happen tomorrow for the most part. Aren't we all kinda like this sometimes? Don't we all like a little predictability? I mean, I know I am not the only one with a planner.
Well, let me just tell you that the adoption process for some is a short process and for some a long one. The journey getting there is never easy for either party involved. I keep referring to the scriptures of "Standing Firm!" I am standing firm but oh, Lord I am starting to get a little wobley.
Please pray that these translations of Eli's documents will come soon and that his passport and visa will come quickly.
Love to all and please keep praying for our little man and for us and yes, I will pray down 'til I am blue in the face to get Eli's documents as soon as I can. Pray for All involved...The miracle of adoption never stops amazing me.
No comments:
Post a Comment