Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Surprises for Eli & my letter to Eli

We have been blessed...truly blessed by so many loving friends and family. Today Andy and I received a beautiful group of packages from my department out of Birmingham. (yes, ladies you surprised me so much that I was trying to convince David R. that I had no need to pick up the packages because they were not mine.) Apparently there was a baby shower without me. Since I cannot be there in the spirit they showered us with wonderful things for Eli. Booster seat, books, closet organizers, night light, blankie...you name it! All of these things we needed for Eli's room so I was just tickled to death if you cannot tell. :)

Weeks ago our Sunday School class threw us a prayers party and gave us gift cards to get things that we needed for Eli. We purchased a carseat and bedding items. I mean the list goes on and on how kind everyone has been.

So my point of the story is this: When you say yes to adoption the Lord makes a lot happen. I kid you not. Andy and I didn't have much in our savings at all beyond our 401k's from work. We struggled to get the money together even for the application and home study. Somehow we did it. Next we made payments for thousands of dollars for our lawyer, our adoption agency, etc. Do you know how many times we have had a bill and did not have the money for it? Many times. When we prayed and prayed and were flat on our faces....When that due date approached us the provision was there every single time!!!!!!! So for all you think ahead planners....don't miss out on the opportunity to be not only blessed by an incredible child but don't miss out on the blessings that others are able to share with you. Don't you dare steal someones blessing! Snap. Snap. Be wise, yes, but don't hesistate just because you don't have every penny. For once in your life just let go and let God.

For those that have not chosen to go thru adoption maybe because you already have biological children or unable physically....ponder on this.... If you can't adopt or you are flat out refusing to consider it....please be prayerful in the fact that our Lord commands us to care for the orphans and widows in their time of need. What will you do today to change your lifestyle to submit to the Lord's scripture? Help someone, prayerfully consider adoption, prayerfully consider what you can do to live out the scripture from James 1:27. The list goes on and on and on....there are so many ways to help.

I can clearly talk for hours about how powerful adoption is. Can you tell? Adoption to me has been so powerful that everything you have ever known about the Gospel suddenly becomes more alive than you have ever seen before. You see differently. You see Jesus right smack dab in the middle of all of it. You see HIS glory, HIS heart, You see HIS love like you have never expereinced, You sense His presence. This feeling strikes you to your core. It disrupts everything you know and flips it upside down. He challenges you, He stirs and tugs at your heart, He changes you. He brings glory to HIMSELF by you just saying, " yes, Lord."

This letter below is for Eli. For one day when he is all grown up he will know that he was so dearly loved by his Mamma Bear.


To my precious son, Eli,

I am so passionate about you coming home to us. You are beyond precious. Little did I know in August of 2011 that the Lord would begin to shape and mold my heart into the Mommy you needed. Our physical genetics will never be the same yet we will have a bond that no one can touch. You and me, kiddo, will be forever bonded because our Lord and Savior picked you, chosen one, to come be my son. By the Lord's choosing our bond will be much thicker than blood at times. Just so you know I met you officially via email the first few weeks in January of 2012. I didn't talk to you or even hold you. I saw a picture of you. I saw my son. I knew we were coming to Africa to bring you home. I was so confident that I liked to have surprised your Daddy straight out of his wits when I told him our son was in Africa. Because of the distance and the surprise of my approach it caught your Daddy a little off guard. Little did Daddy know that God would change his heart too. Daddy's heart would be prepared like mine over time. Both of us being prepared day after day to love you to the end of our days and to share the name of Jesus with you. You see... we want to help build a foundation that is much stronger than my love for you. We want you to have every available resource to know the name of Jesus and rejoice it from the mountaintops.

Many years down the road when we discuss your "delivery method" it may be hard for you to understand or even comprehend. I do know this confidently: YOU ARE CHOSEN. I am so incredibly honored to be your Mommy. You see I love you so much that I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for you. I pray everyday that you and Gray will one day have a saving knowledge of Christ. I pray for the day when you know Jesus for yourself. This amazing Lord and Savior that we have... has loved you straight into our family. He loves you no matter what or wherever you are. For a great reason He pointed at you and pointed at me and your Daddy and Gray and said, "you all will be together as a family." Eli, my precious boy, you are loved by the BELOVED first. Years down the road when you are confused or concerned about your birth parents, I pray you will know that even though we may never have any information on them that first and foremost your SAVIOR loved you enough to die for you. I pray you will know that Jesus had a specific plan for your life by bringing you thousand of miles to your family. He is taking you so far from all that you have ever known and yet I cannot help but reflect on all the amazing things Jesus will do thru your life.

Just like Gray you will both have a calling on your life to live greater and bigger because you know the Savior!!!! We are so proud of you and your sister. We cannot wait to be singing songs of praises to our Savior with you. We will do this to thank Him for bringing us all together. I love you with all that my heart is capable of and pray that you love me too!

Love you lots,
your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment