Friday, May 18, 2012

Joy

Another week has passed us and we have had no update on our E man. We are grateful beyond all measure to be his Mommy & Daddy. Our Lord has given us so much joy to have another child. Gray was and still is such a blessing and now to have two children... We are doubly blessed. Little does Eli know how much he is loved. I have never held or kissed our son yet I love him so much. The Lord has moved over and reached down to bless our family. I do not feel deserving yet the Lord has put Eli directly in our path. Eli is thousands of miles away and the Lord made a specific plan to bring him to our family. I mean... How amazing is that? The Lord knows how much Eli needs us and how much we need him. And because God is way bigger than our brains are even capable of comprehending HE chooses a precious child in the Congo to be our son. No one can ever convince me that our Lord does not have just a plan but a very specific one. He is the most detailed and deleberate in all of His actions. So when you are in question of the why...just know this. He knows what He is doing and also what He is allowing to happen.

I figured out recently that I don't always need to know WHY He is doing something or why HE has not prevented someones suffering. The goal is for HIM to be glorified. The Lord will take us thru the good and, yes, the bad to make one thing happen, "To bring glory to HIS name!" He loves us each way more than we will ever know and He wants to walk thru this earthly time with us so we know there is HOPE. He wants us to know that there is more to this life than "living and dying" as Steven Curtis Chapman sings. Keep the big picture in mind..... Love to all in HIM who makes us lovable. ( i love your quote Betty Bingham!)

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream this week that y'all got your travel dates to pick up Eli! Praying it is soon!

    ReplyDelete