Friday, March 16, 2012

Living in the now

Cannot sleep tonight ....thinking of Eli. I know I did the same when we were waiting on Gray to arrive. I cannot tell you how many similar experiences that I have had between Gray and Eli. Only difference so far is that my belly has remained the same and I am not having food cravings. I have nested, lost sleep, nested some more, read what to expect type books, crazy excitement, tons of joy, being a little scared of the unknown, staring at pictures of Gray and Eli (Eli's pics are so much clearer compared to an ultrasound), praying for both children's health and safety,being on a roller coaster of emotions, and so on and so forth.

So to any mom out there here is my take: I have had a little sadness about not being able to experience Eli's firsts and holding him as an infant. I have even weekly walked thru the baby section when I go to Target knowing we won't have that with with Eli. However, so far there has been such goodness from this journey, such grace. So the few things that I have been a little sad about are by far outweighed by all the positive things that have happened to our family.

There is such joy in growing our family and after seeing video of Eli I am going to be a grateful, weeping, joyful mama to hold him one day soon. Thank your for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment