Monday, November 21, 2011

Walking Humbly with your God

Over the past few days I have been processing the scripture,

"He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8

I am a processor. Big decisions, small decisions...most are followed by very thorough processing. When trying to process this scripture from Micah I begin to see some key words that stood out to me. First word is "require." As humans we think of every possible way to avoid what we need to do unless we know it is required. Some even then turn and go the opposite direction. I can say I have done that very thing...avoided what God wanted me to do. As a sinner I do not always make the right choices. I do not always step right up to the plate and make the very best decision. My hopes are to do right and to choose right and to love all. My nature is to do the opposite. Most importantly my heart wills to do what God has "required" of me.

The next two words that tug at my heart are "walk humbly." We all have the opportunity to walk humbly with God. Are we? Are we truly walking humbly with Him? As believers we all use the terminology "I am walking with God." Years down the road will we be able to look back at our lives and will others say this very thing. "Insert your name here" walked humbly with his/her God.

Whew this is a lot to digest. I desire to do what God has required of me... to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God. What will you choose this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment