I sit here in awe of my Lord writing this story to you. In awe of His Glory. In awe of what He is doing in our lives right now. In awe of total strangers that are choosing to love us even when they don't know us. In awe of His love for me and for my family. In awe in how much His grace is sufficient for me.
I tell you these things to open a story. Another beautiful story of our Lord's provision because He is the one that deserves the credit. Today Gray and I were taking a break with the rainy weather to run around a bit before God's rain came again. As Gray and I were enjoying the walk and throwing a ball back and forth I heard what I thought was another construction truck coming thru the neighborhood. I stood in front of Gray and said hang tight until they pass. Wait. Wait. And then the truck stopped in front of our house. It was a Fed Ex truck. I stood there trying to think if I had ordered anything and this bubbly delivery man hopped out of the truck. He smiled so big as if he knew what was in the package (of course he didn't) and I thanked him. Gray said, "Bye, bye" in her sweet voice and he was on his way again.
Confused I opened it up. Inside was an envelope. I opened it and it was another check that would cover an expense that was due for our adoption process. Was I surprised? Yes!!! But was there immediate clarity ....for sure. This was in the Lord's timing. Yes, another step to bringing our son home. Thank you to the group that blessed us with this generous provision. Many give knowing that it helps but I want to make sure that I share with each of you that in His timing things "are delivered right on time."
For those reading pondering adoption I am writing every detail of our process so you can know that money should never deter you from adopting. Is it hard sometimes? YES!!! Do you sit dumbfounded sometimes trying to figure out what else you can do to bring in enough income to bring your child home? YES! The Lord never said this life would be easy. I just ask you to never let something earthly stop you from a command that the Lord has given us. It is demanded that we care for the widows and orphans. If you are leaning towards adoption know that if you say yes and trust, the Lord will hold your hand the rest of the way...even when everything is not always in your timing. God's timing is on time...every time!
No comments:
Post a Comment