This book I am reading is so full of wonderful knowledge. Today focuses on transracial adoption being an issue, not a problem. Again...this is not a problem. It says, "Transracial adoption is an issue, complex to be sure. When a family adopts members of different races, each person receives the opportunity to understand and experience life from a new point of view never before imagined. The family as a whole has the chance to move forward to develop its own new form." We have received many questions on why are we adopting from another race. I think that information above is enough to understand a small glimpse of the "why."
Listen to this quick story. Our daughter has a little something different about her face. She has a hemangioma on her lip. It is very easy to identify. I have had so many people come up and say, "uh oh what did she do? Fall, run into something, etc." I say, no she has a very special lip and God created her that way. After that response I usually don't hear anything else. Andy and I first noticed it when she was a baby. Now we don't see it. (You see where I am going?) Now, I have to really look hard and bring it to my own attention to know it is there.
So will our adopted child look different? For sure. Will others see a difference up front? Sure. Does that deter us? No way! We will see our child as our child. We all have very different things about us. He will just have something that will standout. Andy and I won't see him anything other than our baby. We will see him as our son. Loving him, protecting him, guiding him thru life. And the big bonus for our son is that he will have a Mommy and a Daddy.
Adoption floors me to the core because I cannot help but compare how our Lord and Savior view us. Our Heavenly Father loves each of us...no matter what we look like, what we do, how we treat each other, what we have accomplished in life. He still loves us! A mother and father's love is very similar..not exactly the same but almost. They love their children no matter what and that is what we will do with our adopted son.
Yes, our lives are changing. But change can be good sometimes and sometimes it can be rough. But because we are believers of Christ we know that our Lord is Faithful and that this amazing child that is entering our lives-no matter how challenging it may be this is not going to stop us from loving them.
I am so thankful that even though I may fail that my Lord loves me anyway. We are so grateful that our Lord is stretching us and growing us into this next chapter! To God be the glory in all that we do!
No comments:
Post a Comment