Monday, November 14, 2011

Keepin' it real

Today Andy and I received the most wonderful package. It was a "toolbox" from our adoption agency. Oh how excited I was to open it up and discover all the things that I do not know yet....and how I cannot wait to get started! This excitement died down tonight as I opened my first of many (12+) books that will forever change my perspective. The game face went on. We are "Suiting up" as a dear brother in Christ has said on many occasions. (How suiting up applies to so many things in our lives!) The warm fuzzies are put to the test and this education is helping us to keep it real. I couldn't even get thru the introduction of one book without walking downstairs to blog about it. I want to share the journey with you so here is the profound statement of the evening.

"For anyone who is in fear of the unforeseen monsters that may be lurking around the corners of adoption: yes, as with anything, there are monsters to be conquered and there is that potential that they could gobble us up, which makes our actions so much more important. But please, for a moment consider that as you are reading this, there is a child who is battling very real monsters alone. And imagine that when you make the commitment to take up arms, side by side with the child, how many unnecessary scars you can, as a family, prevent."~ From the book Inside Transracial Adoption

I don't know of many people that could read that statement and then turn around and say don't adopt. Adoption I do believe is calling to do what God has asked of us. Not just a calling but a command from our Heavenly Father. To care for the widows and orphans in their times of need. The Lord leads us if we allow him. He is leading us, guiding us in this process. I love this scripture I read last night and I keep coming back to it. "I being in the way, the Lord led me..." Genesis 24:27 Please Jesus do that very thing...lead me!

No comments:

Post a Comment