Lingala is one of the primary languages that is used in DRC...along with several others. I was looking thru the Lingala dictionary today and got the translation for "mom is praying." I want our little boy to know that his mommy is praying for him and so is his daddy. I want him to know that we already love him so much. We want him to know that the day he is in our arms will be a day that we have prayed for....
It amazes me that the Lord knows the depths of our hearts to great lengths. We always think we know what our hearts can and cannot take. We think we know much more than He at times. Our earthly selves know very little compared to the depth of Christ. When you allow Christ to move in your life he begins to change you and stretch you more than you ever thought capable. This adoption is and will be changing my life and my perspective forever. I thought I knew love until now.
This process is tough..the adoption process is way tougher than I thought but my Lord is showing me His love thru the tough times. Granted I was prepared as much as I could be but there are times when you just feel helpless. My mama bear instinct wants to go and rescue. My natural instincts are there...there is no doubt. However, I have realized and will have to keep reminding myself that I have to take it a day at a time and the Lord will give me tools that I need.
Bolingo means love in Lingala. Wow..there are no other words to sum it up. Love to all! Continuing praying for our precious child...
No comments:
Post a Comment