I love the fact that I have met so many couples adopting from Africa over the past few months. This morning I got to see a friend that is adopting from Ethiopia. We are almost exactly in the same spot in our adoption process. I guess I love that our children will grow up together and feel as sense of sharing where they are from. All of us look for people in our lives that we have things in common with. I am just super excited that our families will look alike and share that!
Also, I heard a comment about caring for the widows and orphans of this world a few weeks back and I have been processing it. I have been viewing it as a choice. I need to stop that and view it as something that Christ demands. Yes, we can all choose to ignore and go on with our daily lives or we can choose to do something about it. I choose to follow Christ's instruction and GO and DO! He does not tread lightly when it comes to the widows and orphans of this world. We as Christians are called to care for them. What are you doing today to help those in this need?
No comments:
Post a Comment