Much Thanksgiving this year! Thankful for my God, fabulous husband,family, healthy & happy baby girl, good friends, good jobs, roof over our heads, etc. The list goes on and on. Thankful is something that I cannot say enough this year. The Lord has had me on my knees so much this year I might should invest in a pair of knee pads. :) I am thankful for the bruised knees though. Will never complain about that one! He is Faithful.
In having a vacation over Thanksgiving it helped to refresh me. It prepared me to come back to reality as we call it and get going with the last few days in November. I did some reading while on break. One book I read was Beth Moore's book called Praying God's Word. If you haven't done the Bible Study do it....if you cannot make it to the Bible study read the book. I have done both and it continues to bless my soul. I have installed Praying God's Word on my i Phone. So nice to have the reference close by when you need a little perspective or even encouragement. Love the quote below from Beth.
"Father, in the parable, of the sower, You teach us that the seed of Your Word that falls along the path represents the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe. (Luke 8:12) Lord, please help me to actively receive Your Word into my hearth upon hearing it so that the devil cannot come and take it from me before it has had time to take root."
I have to admit that this is quite the challenge. I have the hardest time memorizing things. I have to work super hard to make it stick in my brain. Not afraid to spend the time just want to make sure that the scripture I am taking to heart is taking root. How can you be assured of this you may ask? Well, the only thing I can think of is thru prayer, petition, memorization, & repeating it. The Lord asks us to meet Him there and He will help provide the tools. I cannot tell you how many times the scripture I chose to memorize in middle school, high school and as an adult will come back to me at the strangest times. Scripture I might not have seen in years. All of the sudden my brain retrieves it and it comes flowing from my mouth at just the right moment. I think this is what God is asking us to do so when He needs to use us. For example if we are about to share with someone about God we have our own personal testimony and then we have the scriptures. With no foundation the Lord's opportunity could be missed because we weren't prepared. I hope that makes sense. We all must arm ourselves with God's Holy scripture and He will meet us there. We are on the journey together. Pick up your Bible tonight and choose a verse to memorize this week. If you don't have a Bible...no worries. www.biblegateway.com is a great resource and has many options on translations.
My verse for this week, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30
P.S. Pray for our precious son tonight. Praying that things continue to go smoothly. That we will have the opportunity to be matched soon. That in our hard work that the fund raising will come at just the right moment....Lord thank you! To God be the Glory in all that we do!
No comments:
Post a Comment