Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another step

Yesterday we completed our 2nd home study. Praise the Lord it went great! It felt soooooooo good to turn in that big stack of paperwork to our home study peeps. They are awesome by the way. Catholic Charities has been fabulous holding our hands thru this process.

Next big step, fundraising Oh MY!!! I have purchased the cutest(Andy would have chosen a different word) and coolest 147 gear for men, women and kiddos. I will be posting to Facebook shortly so that you can help us raise awareness as well as directly benefiting our adoption. If you purchase the 147 gear the profits go directly to our adoption process. (Wanna know what 147 means...well quite frankly it is talking about 147 million children on this planet that are orphans.)Please purchase from us though...147 has an awesome website but the website is not able at this time to give us credit.

I cannot tell you how excited, thrilled, nervous, and joyful we are!!! All those nerves that are quickly running thru my system most days.... oh yes, I am constantly feeling like I had a bunch of coffee. So the people that know me are probably giggling because they know I don't hardly drink any caffeine. I thought this would die down within the first few weeks of making this decision. Clearly not. :)

Andy and I were sitting here tonight discussing our next steps in the process. There is a lot to be thoughtful on...to be wise. We are prayerfully walking thru each step and yes, never once doubting our Lord and Savior. We know this is something we are supposed to do and we are pushing forward. (When the Lord lays something on your heart ...whew He lays it heavy some times. In this case...heavy was good.) Our Lord is forever changing our hearts in this process. There are so many things about Him that are being shown to me thru this process...His grace, His mercy, His provision, His heart for the widows and orphans, & His Love most importantly. Oh yes my friends....He is capable of all those all at the same time. I have been reminded that God has no boundaries. He is doing it all without a thought. Our son will be a part of our family one day but we have already been reminded that God is entrusting him to us and we better not forget it. (Many cool stories to blog about later.)

I laugh at myself already. I think about the first moment we will have with our son. I am going to be a choked up, joyfully crying and smiling mama to our boy. I hope I don't scare him. Andy may have to hold me back from running to hold this precious child. Years ago who would have know that my grandmother and mother were discussing that they could see me in Afric surrounded by precious children. We will be going there to bring our son home. And for now, here we are and my heart will forever be a part of Africa....Correction, it already is. To God be the Glory in all that we do!

'Til our Son Comes Home,
Leslianna

No comments:

Post a Comment