Yesterday we started getting ready for our fundraising efforts to bring our son home. Whew this has been a tough one for us....Asking for support. Andy and I both believe in HARD WORK. If there is anything we ever need to do out of the ordinary we work hard so we can pay for it. Well, here we are and there is a lot of think about. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't just pull the money magically out of my pocket. Work hard and the Lord will meet us there. This is what I keep telling myself...Wait on HIS timing and our paths will be directed.
When we started this process we knew it would be hard. Andy and I knew that we just need to keep our focus on what God has called us to do and push forward. With all the questions we have been asked, with all the doubts that people have presented to us and yes at times doubts of our own. We had been told that once you say "yes" that we would start being attacked since this is of the Lord. We knew that the tough times would get even harder on multiple levels. Hope this is making sense.
So a few weeks back we wrote our first check...knowing that our checking account would be a lot less. It was a big check for us but we did it anyways. We knew we were supposed to do it. This was around lunch time. By the afternoon Andy had returned back to work and me at home and it came a flood. It rained and rained. When I was on my way to pick up G. from preschool I noticed that our mailbox was cracked open. My immediate thought was ..."Oh I better go and get the mail or it is going to be saturated." I get the mail and start briefly looking thru and there is a check from my company. I had received an unexpected bonus...very unexpected. I happened to be on the phone with my mom and yes right then and there I burst into joyful tears. She was so concerned as to why I was crying. I just couldn't believe that we had a check that covered almost all of what we owed that day. I think out of pocket we might have paid $50-$60. So then the neat side of God shines thru not just after this small miracle...This week I receive a check for $100 more from my bonus. My 401k had accidentally been taken out so I was being refunded the difference. So in all God was making a strong statement. This is of ME....not of you my child. How stinking cool is that! Yea yea!!! Go God and Glory be to You!
No comments:
Post a Comment