Saturday, September 3, 2011
See no paci, Hear no paci, speak no paci
Wow. It's been since May since I last wrote. I wanted to write really quickly about our week. I definitely need to at least hit on the highlights this summer but I will come back to that later. Starting Sunday, August 28, 2011 Gray broke out with a low grade fever and much fusiness. She was tugging at her ears and did not rest well at all. For those of you that know Gray, she sleeps like a champ. Knowing that she was not resting well and had a fever we pretty much knew it was either a virus or an ear infection. Monday I took her into the doctor and Dr. Morel said yep she has an infection in her left ear. Dr. Morel immediately started Gray on an antibiotic (Ominicef). Gray usually starts improving with an ear infection within 48 hours. We knew something was not right when she did not sleep any Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday I caved and I took her back to the pediatrician. (Starting Monday she got what I thought was a terrible diaper rash. Not thinking anything more about it we headed into the doc.) Unfortunately Dr. Morel was not there but we saw Dr. Davis instead. He thoroughly looked Gray over and said, "Gray, has Hands, Foot and Mouth." I was like WHAT! I thought that was for the cows. As I was educated over the next 10 minutes it is very real and can run rampant amongst the little ones. They can pick it up from anywhere. Gray's diaper rash was no diaper rash. It was H, F, & M. The reason why Gray was not eating or drinking much was because she had blisters all in her mouth and down her throat. I felt sick to my stomach because I had seen blood come out of her mouth twice and I jumped to the assumption she had bitten her mouth or that the teething must be doing it. I am a first time mom...I had no idea. We had to give her Pedialyte thru a syringe until Thursday evening. So here we are on Saturday. Gray's fever disappeared and she is back to running around. Will write more soon but this is the basics. Also, might I add that we are not speaking of the PACI thinking this was prime time to break free from the habit. What a heck of a week! Thank you Lord for bringing us thru!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment