Monday, April 4, 2011

Wisdom to know when to speak

I have sat here for 2 hours trying to write tonight's post. Yes, 2 hours of editing and deleting and rearranging because it is such a sensitive topic for me. So clearly I care.

There are days like today that I was at a loss for words. Those that know me probably are shocked by that comment because I am anything but ever at a loss for words. Sometimes I feel like certain situations are way over my head. I was in one today. I tried to approach it with grace and a loving heart. Where I feel I honored those things I was so extremely disappointed when everything was said and done. Man has a very easy way of disappointing. Self over goodness, wrong over right. These things are hard to watch when you don't want for someone to get hurt or when you want them to make good choices.

It was painful to see because I know what I have in Christ and what Christ can offer them. I have a Savior that loves me. I don't need to keep running. I don't need to find fulfillment in others because I can look to my Lord and know that I am forgiven and loved. I don't have to turn to man to know that I am loved. My husband loves me very much and I love him dearly but the love we have for each other doesn't touch the love that God has for us.

In these tough situations I just have to release them to God because I don't know what else to do. Because I can't control them as much as I would love to...it is out of my jurisdiction. I pray for those that I was with. God is pursuing you and loves you and wants a relationship with you. I pray for that glorious day when you discover God and how much he loves you. What you see in me...I hope it's the love of Christ that overflows from my soul.

Praying for wisdom in these days ahead. The Word of God is so deep yet so simple. I want to know Christ more so that I can share in return. That is what we are called to do. Are you doing that today? Keep me accountable my friends. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment