Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sense of Urgency

"Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts." Psalm 90:12

Where is my sense of urgency? This is the question I asked myself on the route from Franklin, TN to Trussville, AL today. For the almost 3 hour trip I kept my radio off a good deal and focused on the road and on my thoughts. I was checking myself...making sure I still encompassed a sense of urgency in my life. It is quite challenging and revealing. Maybe even a little scary for someone that does not like to look in the mirror from time to time. I can easily ask you if I were to meet or greet you. But do you ask yourself this very much?

If you haven't learned this already from my blog then you probably already know that I have a heart for the lost. Not just those that are truly lost and don't know Christ. But for those that know Christ and have lost their way. How can I help them get back to that place of having a sense of urgency? How can I help them move forward in what God is calling them to do? I want to naturally help "fix" something when someone is struggling or having a hard time. I think this is in most of us...we want to help and make things better. It's so difficult to know as much as I want to try and "fix" that I am not the Master in this area. I can be a building block , stepping stone, etc. but I can't change someone or make them better. Only God can change the heart of man. I can only have a sense of urgency to do what Christ has called me to do in my life. I can't change someone or what they are doing but maybe I can help along the way.

My life is and has been dramatically changed because of what Christ is doing in my life right now. I feel a great sense of urgency to get prepared for something but still I am waiting on what I am to do with this information. It may be days,weeks, years...who knows? I think God already knows this and is molding me like clay in His hands. He is patiently waiting for my heart to be cleansed and for the right moment to come. I am reading, searching and rereading His word. I am reading as many books as I can and ultimately trying to get a better grasp on who He is. God is the most mysterious individual(s) (Add the s if you want to throw in the Trinity)I have ever encountered. Never boring, never tiring...always keeps me guessing and waiting for Him to meet me where I need Him the most. I mean how stinkin cool is that?!?! God meets me where I need Him and sometimes where we don't want to see Him.

When I think about God and who He is I often reflect back on THE SHACK. This book forever changed my life and my thought process on who God is. Prior to reading this book I was putting God in a box. Seriously...I only thought that there were so many dimensions to who God was and then BAM! I read THE SHACK and was I way wrong. I can't explain it but God is just beautiful and I never got that until this book. My sense of urgency has continued to he heightened by the readings I have had the pleasure to enjoy. Some more than others. I have done my best to be aware and educated of those around me. These opportunities have continued to shape my sense of urgency.

Gosh Lord I pray I never lose this sense of urgency. I pray that one day ahead when I am knocked to the ground and feel like I can't get up that YOU LORD will hold my hand and help me breathe again and take another step towards You.

Love to all and keep reading God's word...It never gets old!

No comments:

Post a Comment