Friday, February 25, 2011

Storms in Franklin

Last night we were up til around 11pm concerned about the storms in Middle Tennessee. Andy still thinks I am silly. Listen to my storm ritual: I always put my tennis shoes on, put my purse and cell phone in the bathroom, get a flashlight handy, get the dogs close by, and now I grab a blanket to wrap around Gray. Andy just concentrates on helping me with the dogs. If I had a bicycle helmet I would probably consider putting it on....that is if I was still living under my parents roof. Since good ole Dan Satterfield ingrained that in everyone's minds in childhood I still ponder it with every tornado warning (or first mention of a hook echo). I mean I know it sounds funny but Dan swears by it. I laugh about it but then I think about it seriously. :) If I was to go flying thru the air I mean maybe it would help me out. I mean all my Athens, AL people know what I am talking about!

First I was grateful that the Tornado Warning did not effect us too badly. We got the strong winds and that was about it. The storm blew over in no time....I think they said it was wizzing thru at 70mph. The sad part of my night is that they had the weather on during our favorite shows. Can I mention that not one weather forecaster in Nashville knows the local towns around Nashville? It's kinda sad. Andy and I heard more mispronunciations over very simple names of towns and then the one man that brought it home. Twiddle Dee on the news decided that he would put up 4inches/ hr of rain on the screen as if to educate us on weather. Then he said "what this means is... that within an hour a total of 4 inches of rain would fall." Andy and I were laughing so hard. I mean...he really had to explain it in a different order as if it meant anything different. I guess you had to be there. Bad weather must make all of them lose their minds. I thought this is what they got their education in...weather. In general live feed of anything is pretty funny but it was really funny last night of the weather.

So that is our eventful Thursday night..Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment