Yes, we have conquered all 5 states twice in 48 hours. We made our way up to West Virginia on Thursday and are on our way back to Alabama right now. I was in Tara and Jim Sands Wedding. What a great occasion for two wonderful people! Let me tell you...the scenery in West Virginia is beautiful and the wedding could not have been in a more lovely area!
Tara and I have been good friends since I have been working at Equipment and Supply. She is a dear pal and we have been walking buddies for a while. Over the past year we have been running buddies. She is a great encourager and we conquered a pretty rough 5k at Alabama Adventures last weekend. She is a sweet Auntie Tara to Gray as well. Since Tara and I don't have any immediate family in Trussville we are leaning on each other.
This short trip has been a blast. I got to meet all of Tara's family and friends as well as Jim's dad. It was really nice to finally put some faces and names together.
I am sure you are also wondering how Miss Gray did. Gray has been fabulous. She only cried 30 minutes on the way up there and the verdict is still out on how the whole trip is going today...so far so good! (Later reporting....zero crying on the way home.) She has slept well and everyone has talked about how sweet she is and how good she has been. Don't think I haven't thanked our good Lord multiple times on this trip.
Also, another first happened last night. Gray was asked by a boy to dance. Yes, my 6 month old was asked by Tara's cousin, Mason. Mason was the ring bearer in the ceremony. I assisted Gray with her moves on the dance floor and Mason did some serious break dancing on the floor next to Gray. Before Mason left for the night he asked if he could hug Gray. How awesome is that...and yes, even a little scary to... my baby girl is growing up!
Tara's brother, Tyler, and I talked some during the ceremony about how Gray may be in a wedding dress many years down the road. It was a very strange feeling to even be discussing the topic. We are so blessed and I am already praying for Gray's husband down the road.
The more praying I do the more I know that God will stay centered in our lives and help Andy and I to be good parents to this precious girl.
So this is our trip so far! Pictures are soon to come of Gray and Mason. :)
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment