Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oh sweet March





I love the month of March. Not just because it is my birthday month but because it typically is a month of great change. Winter to spring...snow then rain then sunshine. Oh the changes that can occur in 31 days is fascinating! Today I was leaving work and on my way to pick up Gray from daycare. It had been raining this morning and as I drove up the hill the sun just shined on thru those clouds. I unrolled the windows and oh I smelled the wonderful spring air! Then reality hit and my eyes started to itch and water. Oh well, I had a moment and that is all I needed to be reminded of God's great grace. Also, I love a good rain and then the peace after it stops and the sun shines ever so faintly thru the clouds. That time is so priceless and is refreshing in remembering that everyone and everything can have a clean slate. Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy!


I have officially turned the big 2-9! No, I do not feel any differently. I think I have been asked that too many times this year...It is almost as if I am supposed to feel something...some ache or pain or something. :) If I felt a pain maybe it would feel more official. Who knows? Andy took me to Ocean--a wonderful restaurant in Birmingham. Super awesome food and wonderful environment! It took so long at the restaurant we completely were way too late for a movie. Mom and Dad came in town and kept Gray so Andy and I could have a night out. Since Andy and I didn't make the movie we decided to go get dessert some where. Guess where we went? Krispy Kreme. :) Andy of course made the suggestion. Also, I got a new camera. A Panasonic Lumix. It is fabulous for picture taking with my baby girl!

Gray is two shakes away from rolling to her tummy. She is trying so hard. Rolling to her side is a breeze now and she grunts and barely cries as she is pushing to roll over. It is fun for me to sit back and watch but I am very tempted to go and help her. I just have to know I am supposed to let her accomplish these small goals and she must do them without me. Wow! I think God is trying to teach me something today....He sits back and watches me and wants me to succeed but He isn't going to do it for me. I can appreciate that!

Spring Break is next week and I will be at work. Yea. Wish I had more time with baby girl but I am grateful that I can have the whole afternoon with her everyday. It's crazy! I have so much time with her during the week but yet I am still aching for more time with her! I guess that is part of being a momma.

This week Trussville had a big vote for increasing the property tax. A big whopping $12 a month...something ridiculous that the city needs to stay afloat and the crazy people out there wouldn't pass it. I mean I am not surprised but we expect the world of our school systems and police forces,etc. and yet we can do nothing to insure their continued success. It just makes me ill knowing that my generation is sitting on their bums and not voting! The only people I saw walking into city hall where probably over the age of 70. I understand that so many people are hurting out there right now but I would much rather increase the property tax then have to increase the sales tax to cover it. I mean come on folks. Don't get me started if you ever tell me you don't vote! I hope the city is going to be able to find a way out of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment