I have really been pleading and praying to the Lord over the past few months for HIM to help me have an even greater desire for His food. I have wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. I have been so eager and, yes, even maybe a little overly hungry at times. I recognized pretty quickly that the Lord was trying to show me something and just stood the course until I knew what He was trying to teach me.
My Lord took me on a path to discovery. It was a journey of discomfort and yes down right painful moments, Uh-Mazin'revelations in His word and some really happy times with My Savior. And then today I had my light bulb moment occured on the corner of Wilson Pike and Crockett Road. I suddenly knew what this journey was all about.
I was sitting at the red light slightly tuning out Eli's extensive details of his day. Wanna know what he said? IT WAS ALL ABOUT LUNCH! How he ate a corn dog and didn't eat the stick. How he ate salad (pronounced Sal-ed in Eli terms) with that white stuff (aka ranch). How that white stuff(ranch)was sooooooo good. How he drank all his milk(yep he is a pleaser and knows Mamma and Daddy want him strong). How he ate some sort of fruit. He went on and on and on about how good lunch was..... Around this time... This is when I came to the corner of Wilson Pike and Crockett Road.
The Lord took me on this journey because of our son. He took me on this journey to help me understand that I can never begin to grasp the physical hunger and physical torture that starvation took Eli thru. Yes robbed of very, very basic nutrients. What our precious Eli experienced while living in the Congo is what continues to happen all over the world. Not hunger but STARVATION! Eli tells me very heart wrenching, knock down gut moments of his desperation he had. Eli has revealed specifics about his starvation over this past year that I cannot repeat because they are private between Andy, Eli and myself. No one else. Just us.
Eli the Brave(pronounced Braaaaav). Eli the Strong. He is my superhero and always will be.
So where my long winded story leaves me tonight is the following:
1. I will forevermore talk of food with GREAT joy.
2. I will carefully listen to every detail Eli has to share with me about the lunch menu at school.
3. I will carefully communicate in great detail how much I LOVE hearing about the foods he ate that day.
4. I will always asked what he learned at school and if he responds about food I will NOT redirect him to talk about what he REALLY did.
5. I will giggle and rejoice when he tells me about a food that was "yummy to his tummy."
6. I will never stress about his grades in school because they will never be the reflection of his heart.
7. I will rejoice with him over a large pizza or lasagna dinner.
8. I will teach Eli that God's nutrients are meant to nourish us but to also be active and exercise so that we can appreciate more yummies the next meal.
I am so grateful for this time of revelation with my Lord. It makes me so grateful that the Lord feeds me everyday...every ounce He has in abundance. Sweet merciess, oh, sweet mercies you come anew every mornin'. Thank you for making me hungry for you Lord.
Eli,
My sweet boy. Mommy's defender. You are my superhero! Years from now I hope that you know that the spiritual food I am craving daily for you rolls right into your path. That you will never,ever hunger again for tangible, food. That you will only ever eagerly run to the cross for your food baby boy and be fed in abundance. You are such a gift to your Daddy, myself and to your Sissy that loves and admires you so!
Love you!
Mommy, Mamma, Cha Cha, the Rescuer
No comments:
Post a Comment