Excuse me....but where in the world did June go? I mean I pull out my calendar and we are approaching Independence Day tomorrow. Oh my goodness. Here are some highlights from this past month.
• Eli celebrated his 4th Birthday at Monkey Joe’s with close friends and family.
• As a family we traveled with my Mom to North Carolina and soaked in the local Holden Beach lifestyle. (I wish I lived there!)
• Eli experienced the beach for the first time. He daily punched the waves to fight off any enemies. Can you tell we are in super hero mode?
• Gray dug and ran and dug and ran in the sand. Hopping, skipping, running-HEY!!!!
• I collected 3 gallon sized bags of shells. Yes, Eli won with the largest shell find.
• My sister-in-law, Kerry, caught a shark….yes a shark off the beach. So for the first time ever I can say I touched a shark. That little shark was creepy with its eyes staring you down. Then we watched as it was released back into the ocean.
• I started reading a book by Priscilla Shirer called Discerning the Voice of God. Oh boy this is a good one!!!!! I am taking my time as the lessons and research need to be soaked in to my soul. It may take me months to truly grasp everything she discusses but it is making me dig deeper and that my friends is rewarding.
• I finished a book called Choosing Joy by Kay Warren. It’s not deep but oh boy it is a must read and especially for anyone that has had a loved one experience depression. It was extremely eye opening and a resource anyone can use!!!!
• I recently started using the Bible Gateway app on my Ipad. This is a must. I mean a must. Not only is it nice to be able to toggle to different versions of the Bible quickly but it allows you to set up a daily reading plan. I have a reminder set on there as well. I recommend you taking a look if you don’t have it already. And it is free!
• Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you. Then praise Jesus for the blessing and yes….don’t tell anyone about it! A cool secret between you and God. We serve a mighty God!
• We spend a week in North Carolina at the beach and Gray wouldn't try any shrimp. We eat dinner at Moe's Original BBQ and she requests my fried shrimp and eats it. Too funny!
• We celebrated the Democratic Republic of Congo’s Independence Day on June 30th. What a wonderful reminder how far this country has come. Much hope! Much hope is what I keep saying to myself!
• Eli thinks the Adventure Bible is awesome for 4-6 year olds I believe.... He looked thru the whole book to find where Jesus was. We have read a story every night. He thinks Jesus dying on the cross is a big deal. When I told E that Jesus gave his life for him he went "oh no." This precious child has grounded me so firmly that nothing... I mean nothing is bigger or better than recognizing THE one and only Savior loves all of us. Being a parent is such a privilege!! Proud to be the Mamma of this amazing, little boy and proud to be the Mamma of the sweetest and ,yes, one of the wittiest little girls. This life is super awesome and I get to share it with my hubby and pal, Andy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment