Many blessings I have encountered this week and I wanted to share as quickly as "Leslianna" is able. (So yes....more than a few sentences.This Chatty Cathy is unable to use just a few sentences to update anyone on anything.)
• So excited to join the journey with Action Against Hunger to feed precious babies and Mammas across the world. But right now our efforts will be going right to Eli’s birth land. Let me hear good ole ye haw!
• Sad News from Exile International’s DRC locations……the rebels are at it again and they are hearing gun fire outside the location for these boys. My heart is heavy for them this morning as they desperately need funds to build a wall around this facility to protect these precious lives.
• I am attempting to join a “scrapbooking” group with my coworkers. The only reason I am even attempting to do this is that I will have some accountability. I want to capture and store the memories of our babies and I have been so overwhelmed by the basics that this area of my life has taken not just the backseat…but gone into the trunk. Crafting is slowly starting up again as my babies get older. Glad to be using the creative side of my brain again…..that is if it is still there after the past 3 almost 4 years. Yea to new friendships and I can only imagine many laughs to come Misty and Elizabeth!!!
• I strongly dislike being away from my babies but going to work is not about me only. Andy and I both feel that it is best that I continue to work part time right now. I am unable to withstand the 24 hour stay at home mom scenario. It’s just not for me. Nothing wrong with anyone else that does it …..but this girl needs to get away sometimes and refresh myself around other adults. Also, Eli and Gray would not be having the wonderful experience of the Academy if I was staying at home. I am amazed….I mean AMAZED at this wonderful group of ladies. Teachers are a gift from the Lord!
• Making new friendships at work. The Lord is using me…..I can particularly feel it this morning as I was able to sit and listen about one coworker’s family background. Time and time over the Lord confirms to me that I went to Auburn and majored in the right background. Even though I am not in Social Work anymore….I use my skills and knowledge daily. For all those people that especially made fun of us girls for majoring in HDFS. You so had it wrong. HDFS prepared me for the mission field like there is no tomorrow. Let me hear a woot woot HDFS peeps!
• Sometimes I get very discouraged being away from my hometown. I miss my family and small town atmosphere. I miss the day to day relationships and interaction with my cousins. The mission field is a sacrifice on a personal, earthly level. Andy and I both know we are right where the Lord needs us right now. I am not 100% happy about being away from my only grandmother, my mamma, papa, sista, uncles, aunts, cousins, niece and nephew………but my family is at home. Truly at home in Franklin. Thank you Lord for using Andy and I. I am truly honored to live in the great state of Tennessee and be a part of the Franklin community. For today….I choose JOY.
Prayer requests:
1. Pray for then Owen Family as they are on their way back to Tn now. Airport party commencing in t-minus less than 48 hours. Hallelujah....their precious girls that Andy and I held one evening and held during their jigger extractions....They will be home. Thank you Jesus Lord Almighty!
2. Praying myself and others will rise to the challenge to protect these innocent boys that were taken captive at a young age to fight and hate. Praying mighty things will happen with Exile over this next week. Please pray with me as these precious lives are so vulnerable to being recaptured. Also for the Godly workers who are trying to protect them. LORD MAY YOUR HAND BE OVER THEM! (I weep when I think that Eli could have been in this very situation. I hurt for those who won’t have the chance to leave this ungodly area. May Jesus shine Lord….May HE SHINE!)
No comments:
Post a Comment