Last night was just one of those nights that neither Andy or I could sleep. Nothing was wrong...just couldn't sleep. So we are dragging a bit today...but hey we are in Africa so we fit right in. I am sitting next to my social worker and he is having to go back to immigration at 2pm. Some meeting came up so they told him to come back. So we wait on an update on our exit until this afternoon.
I played outside this morning with 5 other CCI kids. We danced and they just laughed and laughed. Then with the girls we did ballet. They loved it. Nothing like performing ballet moves under the wonderful African shade trees and dancing thru the dirt. We blew bubbles and the kids just giggled every time they caught a bubble. Andy and Eli were hanging in the room for a bit.
I love my time here but each day I get more and more excited about returning home. Then I know once I am home I will miss our St. Anne's family. For the most part other families have had a hard time today ...news and updates were not what they had hoped. All of us are at different sections of the adoption process. Thankfully Andy, Eli and I are the only ones in the exit process...so I hope we will have better news. Our flight is on Wednesday and we are pushing as hard as we can to make sure we can leave on time.
I spent the morning taking pictures with all the kids. They love looking at e pictures you have taken. Eli really enjoys watching past video of Gray.
Today I learned enough Lingala to explain to Eli that will be flying home soon to Tennessee and see his sister. He jumps with excitement! The only piece of information that none of us can clarify with Eli is with transportation. He is under the impression that we are flying in a helicopter. We are unsure if he has ever seen a plane before. It is still cute if you ask me. we are going to show him a picture tonight. Giving him information beforehand really helps him during a process.
We are clinging to our Lord while we are here. Over one week at St. Anne's and we are exhausted. However it is odd that we feel this way considering we have only be waiting around most days.
Andy and I met a missionary at lunch today. It was great conversation. She knew a little English. It was so fun! We ate potatoes, rice, beef and hot soup in 90 degree weather. I will take what I can get.
Also I spent my late mornings at the reception desk learning more Lingala. they just laugh at me trying to learn just a few words. However Eli know his Ma Ma and Pa Pa are sure trying hard to communicate with him.
As I write the hallways are filled with giggles and laughter. The CCI kids are chasing after each other. Right now there is no better sound!!! Would not trade my seat with anyone at this moment.
Love to all and will write back this evening if we have an update! Soon!
Love in His Most Precious Name,
Leslianna
We are so happy for you! Have a safe journey home! We appreciate your detail in your posts as a following mama and papa to DRC!
ReplyDelete