Praise the Lord at 6pm today our social worker came running thru the door to give us our paperwork. Every document that we needed was given to us in a matter of minutes. We felt your prayers covering us as we waited at the front door all day.
I have really and truly enjoyed my time here. We have especially enjoyed our St. Anne's family. They are like beautiful angels coming and going daily. They are pro-adoption and really help each of us so much.... Especially with our children. When the language barrier is taking its toll they happily step in when asked and help. I will never forget when Eli was having a moaning fit. I did not know what else to do. I ran him to reception and they all smile and say, "he wants to take a bath." Sweet, precious Eli is loving him some bath time. He has often taken two showers a day...just because. I mean Eli is not asking for much. He wants a shower...not toys, games, etc. but just a plain 'ole bath.
His loving spirit is teaching me so much about our Father's love. Eli 's love just flows from his heart. His smile is contagious. He loves to cuddle with Ma Ma and Pa pa. He giggles when I have offered him one Sprite or Fanta each day. Eli and I have sat under the shade trees and sipped our cold drinks. We toast multiple times and he laughs and laughs. He feels so important. He just needs time with us. Our Heavenly Father desperately wants that time with us.
One thing that Africa has taught me is to just slow down. Enjoy where you are in life. Don't look so far down the calendar that you are stressing about things that are 6 months away. Enjoy God's creation. Enjoy the people He created. Laugh and smile and rejoice being in His presence. As Eli is teaching us just enjoy the basics. Keep things in a childlike perspective.
Thank you also to my sister, Gayle, my mom, Linda and Mary Kay. You three have helped with caring for Gray and that is a huge task. Thank you for your support and taking such great care of G while we have been away. We will never be able to thank you enough!
To all the prayer warriors... You are the ones that have walked each step of this journey with us. Thank you for stepping up to the task even when they were small requests. We are just plain grateful!
We look forward to leaving tomorrow even though a piece of our hearts will remain here in Eli's homeland forever. Much love to each of you in His most Holy name!
Leslianna
Praise the Lord! and Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete