Yesterday was very uneventful. We are making progress on our exit procedure. Andy and I only wanted to hear yesterday that there was progress being made.
4 US families enjoy each others company on the front porch of St. Anne's. Andy, Eli and I walk to the entrance of the compound and buy some souvenirs. Then we sit on the porch til dark and then 3 of the US families... We order PIZZA for dinner. If you eat dinner at St. Anne's it is leftovers from lunch and not so good. Very dry.
Our pizza arrives about 40 minutes later and Eli, Andy and I devour it. A good cheese Kinshasa cheese pizza. It cost $25. Yum!
Then we do our normal evening in the lounge area and then we get a visit from our social worker. We are making progress. Andy and I find that we get better communication if Eli and I are not in the room. Then off to Skype with Grammy and Gramps and then to bed.
This morning we had bread and avocadofor breakfast. There is some sort of fish but it looks awful. Eli wants it but I distract him with another avocado. Eli eats 3 large avocado. He can skin it and cut it himself. He is very self sufficent. A part of me wants to help him but I need to let him do some things for himself. He is three and probably uses a knife better than I do.Beyond a banana Eli will only eat avocado.
Guess what we are doing today? Sitting on the front porch, playing soccer in the courtyard, maybe walk the stairs to the roof. Let me tell you...doing a bunch of nothing is hard when you are wanting to come home!!! You want to do something to speed up your process but all we can do is pray and pray and pray.
So until we hear something my post may not be quite as exciting but they are the real updates. We greatly appreciate your prayers. I know our process made movements yesterday because of prayer. We have known so many people to be hear for weeks and their documents will just sit there. We need one last push of prayer to end the exit process. Please pray that things can be finished today. If not we wait til Monday. I don't mind praying bold prayers. Let's pray for that exit letter today. The immigration office works for a few hours on Saturday.
Glory to God on the highest!!!!
Leslianna
Hi Leslianna,
ReplyDeleteWe so appreciate your posts. Eric asks me each day if you have posted yet or not. So whether you find them to be "exciting" or not, please keep them coming. :-) Continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Jennifer, for the Sands family