Praising you Lord today..for this beautiful day. Lifting up Will NeSmith in the super challenges he has ahead and PRAISING YOU FOR THE AMAZING HEALING HIS HAS HAD. Will, buddy, you don't know me but your story inspires me to keep up the fight...Our fights are very different but your perseverance in tough times is helping me make it thru this last leg of our adoption process!!!!
No one can ever tell me that you have to be pregnant to experience pregnancy things. My insomnia has officially been going on for a while. It has been wild how I have experienced very similar things while I was pregnant with Gray. Who says you have to be pregnant to experience being an expectant mom? I mean it has been pretty amazing. My stomach is still somewhat, sorta flat and I feel really good and whoa.. Wildness! Just read my list of things I did until after 4am....Where is this energy coming from Lord?
1.Fox news catch up time
2.reading Facebook posts from earlier in the day
3.looking at the weather and Hurricane Isaac (wow, I love the name Isaac)
4.watched Rookie Blue(one of my new favorites)
5.Tried to figure out what colors Eli will like to wear
6.Refreshed myself on DRC facts
7.Looked at pictures of DRC (the picture that I saw of the Congo River gave me chills)
8.Prepped my mind to be blown away at what we see in DRC
9.Read about the Rivers of Hope Foundation (Go Philip!I forget being in the NFL comes with amazing opportunities to praise our Lord and Savior & help others.You Go!!!)
10.Stared at Mini Boden catalogs and how can I afford-ably dress another precious child
11.Stared at the Fall Thirty-One Gifts Catalog
12.Made a "back-up" list for preschool ministry
13.Wrapped presents
14.Realized I forgot to pack Eli's pj's
15.Updated my calendar
16.Prayed for a friend that is going thru a really rough time(M.P.S. you are prayed for all the time!!! Hang in there!)
17.This last one is long....Discovered from families via email in the 2am time range that are in DRC right now that I need to have one heck of a fundraiser to be able to stay in DRC. They are prepping all of us on bringing a lot of cash. They said EVERYTHING IS REALLY EXPENSIVE. (Many of the children had to have surgery on their feet and hands due to the jiggers not chiggars.) These are supposed to be really, really painful!!!!! Out of pocket medical expenses for these jiggers. A family that has adopted 3 children said that they have spent $5k in DRC. We will be there 9-10 days due to the DRC exit procedure thru the US Embassy in Kinshasa. I keep telling myself to keep that head up....the Lord has brought us thus far!!!! We can do it! We can do it! Anyone have a private plane, free French interpreter that wants to hang in Kinshasa for 10 days? There is a load of us going that are in semi shock that we gots to be getting money together for this last minute information. We have enough for our flights and for our hotel expenses. We were not prepared for this much $$$$ in DRC. We can do it! We can do it!
Thanks to all for the encouragement, love, support, AMAZING SUPPORT! Please pray for us as we continue in this journey...We were told to pursue adoption and then specifically to pursue Eli. Pray for mighty miracles over the next few weeks. Eli deserves much love and it is hard not being there to love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment