Saturday, August 4, 2012

Eli's new birth certificate & Gray's funny stuff

Eli's update:
In the adoption process with DRC there is a process for the old and then the new birth certificate for your child. We received Eli's new birth certificate on Friday, August 3rd. No update yet on our I-600. Hope to call this week and try and find out our case officer's name. Things to pray for this week: We need I-600 approval, Eli's Congolese passport in hand(it is processing now), and visas!!!! Keep on a prayin'!!!

Gray updates:
Gray has decided that she is going to verbalize this week that she needs no nap. She says, "no take a nap." "Mommy, no take a nap." She makes sure that I am looking at her when she says that and that she is waving her hand no. She continues to keep us smiling!!! She has yet to convince me that she does not need a nap.

Tuesday she walks in front of my work desk with a pink Minnie Mouse blanket wrapped around her and says, "MOMMY, I AM A PRINCE!" She won't say princess for some reason. It is cute how she says it so matter of factly.

She is fascinated by the light pole out in front of our house. Yesterday she was using her friend, Abby (who is 10 and lives across the street), to help her push up the light pole. For some reason I am seeing in a few years that I will come outside and find Gray, Eli, and Grayson climbing up the light pole. It is just a good guess.. That's all.

Family updates:
Things are continuing to progress with my Daddy's Alzheimer's. We have all been hurting a good bit more over this past week.with me not seeing him all the time I tend to be more shocked everytime I see him. This last stage of Alzheimer's is a doozey. Daddy is much altered and when I saw him on Thursday I hit another wall of grieving. My best pal, Caddie dog, will not leave my side. She follows me everywhere. She goes to the bathroom with me and lays on the bath mat while I am in the shower. She sits at my feet while on the sofa and spoons my work chair while I am working. My husband, Andy, is a great stronghold and I have awesome friends that have been such encouragement to me. Jesus is at the head of my focus. Even when the burden is heavy He reminds me that He has carried it already. One day there will be no more tears and no more pain for my precious Daddy. I know Daddy's spirit is just waiting to run into the arms of Jesus. 'Til then we will be grateful for each day and pray for tender mercies for him. Hug your loved ones today! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment