Eli update:
I talked with USCIS (aka Immigration) today. Can I say I am an eager mamma? Relentless? Determined? One week after sending our I-600 packet back in I wasn't waiting another week. I called to let them know that I had mailed the packet back in and wanted to let them know I had to add the 2nd birth certificate of E man's to our packet. (This is the 2nd birth certificate that is issued with his new name and our names on there.)
The lady that answered was very, very nice. She connected me to Officer L. and I talked with them about how I can send our new documents to them. I was given the email address and I immediately sent this information to them.
Originally I was told by our adoption agency to wait a few weeks until I contacted them. It turned out perfectly because they already had the same case officer that did our I-600a and they were going to have our I-600 as well. So my advice to any adoptive family...trust and use discernment about follow up. Never, ever contact an Embassy but I was only told a time range before I could contact USCIS. So I contacted USCIS one week after sending in my packet vs. the 2-3 time range. :)
Maybe my phone call will help speed up the I-600 receipt and then maybe some quicker I-600 approval as well.
I officially feel as though I have acquired a new language. It is numbers on forms by the U.S. government for Non-hague adoptions.
Gray update:
We went to the Williamson County Fair last night. Gray loved it but boy was it humid!!! Too bad the fair couldn't be pushed to the fall. We went thru the childrens area and saw various cows, pigs, alpaca, goats, fainting goats(never knew there was such an animal), Texas Longhorn, chickens, sheep, ponies, donkey, I mean the list goes on and on... Oh and might I add our sweet girl loves some tractors as well. They had plenty and she was able to climb up on one large one and view the others. Fun, fun, fun for Gray!
Gray was smiling ear to ear. It is pure joy as a parent to see your child enjoy something new and also something that they love. (She only discriminates against reptiles and bugs.)
Also, she and her friend Molly Cate had a ball riding the kiddie rides together. Too much fun!!!!
I will know for next time to bring more Gatorade and snacks! Happy Tuesday to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment